Commission?!?

That's not true. It's all about work ethic! My wife and I wrote over $500,000 in AP off of DM and TM leads last year. It's definitely doable!

----------
I never said it wasn't "doable," but if you can't learn to walk up to someone, or walk in a front door, or strike up a conversation with another human being standing in line next to you at Quiznos about what you do and how you can help them, then, no, you won't be around long. Leads make you LAZY, with a capital "get off your ass."

----------

Learn as much as possible and then when you're ready for a raise, they will either give it to you or you can move on!

Short and sweet.

----------

That's not true. It's all about work ethic! My wife and I wrote over $500,000 in AP off of DM and TM leads last year. It's definitely doable!

----------
I never said it wasn't "doable," but if you can't learn to walk up to someone, or walk in a front door, or strike up a conversation with another human being standing in line next to you at Quiznos about what you do and how you can help them, then, no, you won't be around long. Leads make you LAZY, with a capital "get off your ass."

I understand what you are saying. Prior to January I have maybe spent sent $250. On leads in the previous 5 years, total. However, these guys do it. How long? Hard to tell. With the exception of JD most are building a downline.

Hey Mikey,

I have recent experience with American Income Life. They have a system that works. They are one of three companies that have that kind of residual income and vesting. You will be 10% vested each year for 10 years. Similar to compounding; after year three you are 30% vested, after year 7, 70% vested, and 100% vested at year 10.

I had my own reservations as well when I joined AIL, and if there is something in your gut feeling that isn't right, you should probably listen to it. PM me and I'd be happy to set up a call time.

That being said, I have good and bad things to say about AIL. One of the things I liked were the child safe kits, you will be able to use Child Safe Boxes to generate leads, my manager recommended a "string" of 50. What this means is target an area you want to work, this will probably be 30+ minutes from the office center, then on your way out there stop at businesses on your way out there in a line or "string" and drop of the child safe boxes. Check them once a week (we had call nights one monday and thursday or during a run day out to the area) Everyone I met who was in management usually used this tactic.

As for the leads they provide they are not to sell insurance too, they are to generate more referrals. IF anything I've learned from this forum and other agents, do your best to get a minimum of three referrals at each meeting.
You will get a few leads that are genuinely in need and end up buying but my managers made it clear that they were more effective to get referrals from.

When you get a lead pack do yourself and every other AIL in your office a favor and take great notes. If there is a lead with a bad phone number write BP and do a drop by. Try doing a drop by three times, two during the week at different times ie. 10a then 6pm the next and then one drop by on the weekend. Use the door hangars provided and then write "DB - DH @ [time]" in large letters.

If you call someone and they are rude, write "RUDE" in big letters, and move on. Remember this phrase like a mantra "Some will, Some won't, SO what, NEXT" SWSWSWN

AIL's bread and butter, their Big Mac and fries if you will is Whole Life and Accidental Death Benefit. If your selling this (and you will if you're using their script, which you need to learn focus on overcoming objections and the tee-ups and tie-downs) The script works. I learned the hard way and tried to reinvent the wheel, THE SCRIPT WORKS. It has words in it like "entitled" "qualified" "no-cost" and other trigger words that work. I swear I've never been so amazed at a potential clients reaction and how they change their tune.

Ask your managers about the power hour book, my agency didn't use it, but it's essentially to show the prospect how they can protect their family for just one hour of pay. I wish we had it, it sounds great.

Learn the T-knock where you knock on the neighbors doors, and then the door across the street. "I was just delivering no cost benefits to Mr and Mrs. [prospect] and wanted to make sure you had the opportunity to get access as well, would tomorrow at X:00 am or X:00 PM work better?"

Your best appointments are going to be those you set at 8am on saturday and 8 and 9 pm every other night. If they sit down with you at 9pm on friday night, they arent going out to hit the town, they are a lot more likely to buy.

I always said, well mrs. [prospect] we usually reserve our 8 and 9 pm for fire fighters and police officers because of their weird hours, but I can do my best to give you one of these priority spots" I cant think of a time that didn't work.

to review:
-a string of child safe boxes, ~50
-3 referrals per appointment minimum
-learn the script, I woke up reciting it when I had to pass the release meeting
-8a-9-8 appointments you can probably be successful just by setting these time slots, you will get no showed more at 2p,3p,4p and 5p than any time else.

Last edited:
Hey Mikey,

I have recent experience with American Income Life. They have a system that works. They are one of three companies that have that kind of residual income and vesting. You will be 10% vested each year for 10 years. Just like compounding; after year three you are 30% vested, after year 7, 70% vested, and 100% vested at year 10.

I had my own reservations as well when I joined AIL, and if there is something in your gut feeling that isn't right, you should probably listen to it. PM me and I'd be happy to set up a call time.

That being said, I have good and bad things to say about AIL. One of the things I liked were the child safe kits, you will be able to use Child Safe Boxes to generate leads, my manager recommended a "string" of 50. What this means is target an area you want to work, this will probably be 30+ minutes from the office center, then on your way out there stop at businesses on your way out there in a line or "string" and drop of the child safe boxes. Check them once a week (we had call nights one monday and thursday or during a run day out to the area) Everyone I met who was in management usually used this tactic.

As for the leads they provide they are not to sell insurance too, they are to generate more referrals. IF anything I've learned from this forum and other agents, do your best to get a minimum of three referrals at each meeting.
You will get a few leads that are genuinely in need and end up buying but my managers made it clear that they were more effective to get referrals from.

When you get a lead pack do yourself and every other AIL in your office a favor and take great notes. If there is a lead with a bad phone number write BP and do a drop by. Try doing a drop by three times, two during the week at different times ie. 10a then 6pm the next and then one drop by on the weekend. Use the door hangars provided and then write "DB - DH @ [time]" in large letters.

If you call someone and they are rude, write "RUDE" in big letters, and move on. Remember this phrase like a mantra "Some will, Some won't, SO what, NEXT" SWSWSWN

AIL's bread and butter, their Big Mac and fries if you will is Whole Life and Accidental Death Benefit. If your selling this (and you will if you're using their script, which you need to learn focus on overcoming objections and the tee-ups and tie-downs) The script works. I learned the hard way and tried to reinvent the wheel, THE SCRIPT WORKS. It has words in it like "entitled" "qualified" "no-cost" and other trigger words that work. I swear I've never been so amazed at a potential clients reaction and how they change their tune.

Ask your managers about the power hour book, my agency didn't use it, but it's essentially to show the prospect how they can protect their family for just one hour of pay. I wish we had it, it sounds great.

Learn the T-knock where you knock on the neighbors doors, and then the door across the street. "I was just delivering no cost benefits to Mr and Mrs. [prospect] and wanted to make sure you had the opportunity to get access as well, would tomorrow at X:00 am or X:00 PM work better?"

Your best appointments are going to be those you set at 8am on saturday and 8 and 9 pm every other night. If they sit down with you at 9pm on friday night, they arent going out to hit the town, they are a lot more likely to buy.

I always said, well mrs. [prospect] we usually reserve our 8 and 9 pm for fire fighters and police officers because of their weird hours, but I can do my best to give you one of these priority spots" I cant think of a time that didn't work.

to review:
-a string of child safe boxes, ~50
-3 referrals per appointment minimum
-learn the script, I woke up reciting it when I had to pass the release meeting
-8a-9-8 appointments you can probably be successful just by setting these time slots, you will get no showed more at 2p,3p,4p and 5p than any time else.

You make it sound really good David. Tell me again...why did you leave?:)

You make it sound really good David. Tell me again...why did you leave?:)

I left because the leads were recycled, top producers and managers didn't turn them back in to be taken care of.

I left because the state general agent told me not to be concerned with my managers morals and "ethicals"

...yes he literally said ethicals.

I left because the two managers who I joined for left the agency.

I left because I was tired of going to appointments and getting the sale only to find out the people didn't have a bank OR they didn't have a job.
I left because I saw my new manager sell to people who were on WIC/welfare, making up job titles for them and coaching them on what to say when Home Office called.

I left because my fiance was concerned for my life when I told her about the neighborhoods I was going to (she has more experience with Memphis than I) and she convinced me to stop doing the work and look for something better.

Last edited:
I left because I saw my new manager sell to people who were on FICA/welfare,

People were on the Federal Insurance Contributions Act? Exactly how does that happen?

----------

You will be 10% vested each year for 10 years. Just like compounding; after year three you are 30% vested, after year 7, 70% vested, and 100% vested at year 10 .

You might want to research how "compounding" works because what you describe isn't "just like" compounding.

I left because my fiance was concerned for my life when I told her about the neighborhoods I was going to (she has more experience with Memphis than I) and she convinced me to stop doing the work and look for something better.

Ben you DODGED A BULLET on this one^^.

Kid would never make it as an FE agent

**(He won't make it as any type of agent but definitely not an FE agent. lol)

You might want to research how "compounding" works because what you describe isn't "just like" compounding.

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...y-captive-agency-today-t73275.html#post971462

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...rance/same-page-thread-t73406.html#post972992

He has a BA degree in Finance! Of course he knows what compounding is and how it works! He had to have taken some TVM courses and used a financial calculator at some point... but probably didn't think he'd ever use it outside of the classroom. :skeptical:

Maybe he needs a refresher course:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ0mSIBv71s

People were on the Federal Insurance Contributions Act? Exactly how does that happen?

----------

Believe it means they have a job.

Back