Contactability.com Used to Be in the Lead Generation Business.

Thank you for clearing that up Bob, any idea how much the transfers cost? Is the client info private?

They wined and dined me a few months ago. At the time they basically took your lead and dialed it for a fee. I believe the fee was around $2 a lead. My problem was that they only dialed your lead 5 times. That was not nearly aggressive enough for me and they didn't have a way to adjust their contact strategy. Another downside (at the time) was that they were not dialing in real time....meaning, I post my lead to their system and they say it is dialed within 24 hours. For the cost, the low touch and slow response I didn't even consider it. Great concept though because most agents that buy leads are slackers.

Sounds familiar (new name) but I do not trust most of the lead generating companies out there. I stopped using them in 08...used to do great with them but closing ratio dropped to 8%. Over the last two years I have used Parasol Leads and consistently closed 30% (auto/home)...they also provide life and health. I highly recommend them. Email me if you want to talk more - [email protected]

Be careful shilling for tom carolan and parasol leads. His company doesn't have a good reputation around the insurance industry.

Blastr17,

What type of lead were you getting from Datalot? What was the issue?

Anyone have any current experience with Contactability? It is nice that Bob gave a thumbs up but I would like to know from an agent's experience about Contactability.

Allstate has some automated tools for their agents that makes it hard for me as a one man band to compete in contacting leads in a quick enough time.

Anyone hear anything about them? Used to be insuranceagents.com but now they try to connect leads, internet, mailers etc with agents. Not much on their website which makes me suspicious already.

I had used them in the past, no sales... Pretty much a waste for me. May be they changed...

Blastr17,

What type of lead were you getting from Datalot? What was the issue?

Anyone have any current experience with Contactability? It is nice that Bob gave a thumbs up but I would like to know from an agent's experience about Contactability.

Allstate has some automated tools for their agents that makes it hard for me as a one man band to compete in contacting leads in a quick enough time.

the idea is to never buy more leads than you can handle....allstate has quoting software like Quote Burst, but after speaking with a handful of allstate guys it isn't really effective. If the information on the lead is inaccurate, the system spits out the wrong quote and now it's a harder close.

I had used them in the past, no sales... Pretty much a waste for me. May be they changed...

Here is the thing about Contactability. If you sign up through HometownQuotes.com for leads & use them, we give you 100% credit for the lead AND the Live Transfer service. If you sign up through us you can also use them for leads you get from other companies also.

Lev [CEO/Founder] is an x-Allstate agent like me. He understands the issues going on in an agency. I'm pretty impressed with the responsiveness from Lev's folks. They are constantly adding features. Of course, Contactability.com works with all types of leads, not just in the insurance space.

They do best practices when it comes to working leads by both calling & emailing the lead. The biggest problem seems to be that almost 50% of the time when they attempt to live transfer the lead to the agent...No One at the agency answers the phone! So please have a better plan for your agency if you choose to use live transfers.

IMHO, Live transfers is the way to go for any size agency. Professional folks contact the leads & transfer a customer to you or your staff at a reasonable cost. What is not to like?

----------

the idea is to never buy more leads than you can handle....allstate has quoting software like Quote Burst, but after speaking with a handful of allstate guys it isn't really effective. If the information on the lead is inaccurate, the system spits out the wrong quote and now it's a harder close.

I've been to several Allstate meetings this past year & I have yet to find an Allstate agent that doesn't love QuoteBurst. Even if the lead is inaccurate so the quote is wrong...isn't that an easy objection to overcome? One would think so. No different than going to Progressive.com & they spit out a competitors quote that is Always wrong!

The owner/founder of QuoteBurst is still an active Allstate agent to boot. I wish I'd had the smarts to keep my Allstate agency & HometownQuotes.com at the same time:)

I tried Contactabilty on their guarantee that they would make calls on internet leads & would be the first to make contact, then transfer them to the agent. I had used them as a small trail run & they did not live up to their claims, in fact I have documentation where they admit they were sent leads that were not called at all for 7 days. Lev's comment to me was ' they were probably poor leads anyway '.... terrible customer service. Of course they refuse to make refund of unused $$ that I have on account. Stay away, they make many claims & do not live up to those claims. Thank God I only used them as a trail run

I tried Contactabilty on their guarantee that they would make calls on internet leads & would be the first to make contact, then transfer them to the agent. I had used them as a small trail run & they did not live up to their claims, in fact I have documentation where they admit they were sent leads that were not called at all for 7 days. Lev's comment to me was ' they were probably poor leads anyway '.... terrible customer service. Of course they refuse to make refund of unused $$ that I have on account. Stay away, they make many claims & do not live up to those claims. Thank God I only used them as a trail run

Monson.
Seriously that is what Lev said? Please give me a call tomorrow. I'll PM you with my cell after I post. I know his company is growing fast....but that does not excuse this kind of service/behavior. What he told you, is terrible!

Bob

Back