Should I stay or should I go?

• Total voters
Aetna, Americo, Foresters, Mutual, and at 120 there’s Royal, Sentinel, Prosperity, Oxford, Liberty, and Assurity

I meant which agencies.

It does not really matter to me it just seemed like maybe you were posting from experience with others.

You should easily find enough companies to write for if your current agency is a tool.

Disagree here... you need good commission levels, but you need sales first and foremost.

Don't engineer this problem back wads... they guy making 3 sales a week on 80% will always bring home more $ than the guy making no sales at 180%.

In his case I think it's the truth. He's already stated that he sells $150K per year, so selling isn't his problem. It's that 80% contract that he's on that is his biggest problem.

Last question on this thread guys—if my upline currently has contracts through multiple IMOs and I wish to cut my upline out of the picture and stay with the IMO, is that not likely to happen.

ex: Upline has a company or 2 with an IMO. He’s most likely making 130+ contracts while I’m tied down below. If I wanted to stay with said IMO on that company, would they even let it happen? Or would they tell me to F off

Last question on this thread guys—if my upline currently has contracts through multiple IMOs and I wish to cut my upline out of the picture and stay with the IMO, is that not likely to happen.

ex: Upline has a company or 2 with an IMO. He’s most likely making 130+ contracts while I’m tied down below. If I wanted to stay with said IMO on that company, would they even let it happen? Or would they tell me to F off
If an IMO would let you cut out your upline and go around them without them agreeing to it, they would not be the kind of IMO with whom you would want to do business. If they will shaft your upline, you can bet they will shaft you.

Last edited:
People don't shop properly . Several imo's will give 130% with no production requirements with several of the carriers mentioned.If your a good agent you cost the Imo zip.He's making overrides for doing little to nothing for you. It's free money for them so make them pay you the max.An extra 10% pays 1/2 your lead costs for the year.

People don't shop properly . Several imo's will give 130% with no production requirements with several of the carriers mentioned.If your a good agent you cost the Imo zip.He's making overrides for doing little to nothing for you. It's free money for them so make them pay you the max.An extra 10% pays 1/2 your lead costs for the year.

If there was no risk of chargebacks we could all operate on a 5% Margin and life would be better for everyone. But unknown agents with no verifiable proof of production and no production commitment? I’ll go on record as starting those guys out with a 125% max. If they can do better elsewhere, more power to them.

And you DON'T have to have all of your contracts with the same IMO. You're Independent and it's a good idea to not put all of your eggs in one basket. Shop around. You'll be surprized what you can get from some of the IMO's. :yes:

What is the connection to Smokey Robinson and the Miracles??? LOL
Ohhh....Shop Around!!!!!!! LMAO

Back