CRM Recommendations Needed

You should provide just the CRM. People like me could care less about the marketing functions and just want a good CRM. Thats the main reason I havent tried out your service yet... Im not going to pay extra for a bunch of features I dont need.

It's a consideration, just not high up on the priority list right now.

Perhaps the Zoho at 20 per month would be better then?

Does anyone use them?

https://www.zoho.com/crm/zohocrm-pricing.html

I just started playing a bit with Zoho. They do have a free version, by the way. It is just sort of hard to drill down to find it.

Whoever said above in this thread that the best system in the world is worthless if you don't actually use it hit the real issue.

I have Outlook 2013 as part of Office 365 -so I can access my stuff from any computer. Outlook finally came out with an Ipad app -but it is useless. It only pulls in contacts from your email -using Gmail. Totally worthless since the app doesn't show your "people" contacts. Why on earth did they do this?

I have concluded that whatever I end up using MUST support tablets. I want to have access to information at a table and I want to be able to edit and add information from a tablet. If I take my usual crappy yellow-pad notes and then try to add it at the computer later -well, it usually just doesn't happen.

Most of the stuff designed for a large organization with hundreds of salesmen just doesn't fit well for most of us.

I've been searching for the ideal solution since the personal computer came out, and I'm still looking -and I've wasted a ton of time and money on this. Too often whatever I settle on gets orphaned or "improvements" have complicated the program beyond usefulness. Sugar is a good example of this. From open source to not open source. From free to not free (sort of free version, but not worth discussing). From enormously complicated to even more complicated (see "improvements" above).

The search continues...

Has anybody had any experience with lessannoyingcrm.com? Ten bucks a month and can sync with google calendar.

It's a consideration, just not high up on the priority list right now.

Well let me know if you ever do. I think it would be a solid business move for you that would increase your customer base.

----------

Has anybody had any experience with lessannoyingcrm.com? Ten bucks a month and can sync with google calendar.

It looks good from what the site shows. I like how it syncs with google calendar. I might try the free trial.

Last edited:
Well let me know if you ever do. I think it would be a solid business move for you that would increase your customer base.

I don't disagree, but it will take some major changes. Since we were founded as an email marketing platform, everything in the system currently revolves around each contact having an email address. To eliminate that and part of the system would be a killer amount of change to the base platform.

I don't disagree, but it will take some major changes. Since we were founded as an email marketing platform, everything in the system currently revolves around each contact having an email address. To eliminate that and part of the system would be a killer amount of change to the base platform.

Ah. I understand. Well if you guys ever make it happen let the forum know.

I still really like pipelinedeals.com. It's very inuitive, has all of the functionality that we need, and offers syncing with Outlook and Google.

I've used it for over 2 years and have been very happy. They just added a mass email function (goodbye constant contact) and a single email notification/attachment open (goodbye contact monkey) program...

I've been very happy and will refer them every time one of these threads surfaces.

I just started a trial with You Don't Need A CRM!

It looks good for those of us who do heavy calling, networking, or purchasing of leads. The concept is that most of your sales time is spent on lists, leads, or suspects not customers! It allows you to easily turn a suspect into a prospect, straight from Excel or Google Docs, and take them through your sales pipeline. If the lead becomes a customer then you can use the intergration with Zapier to connect with other apps that are better at handling customers. I will report back on what I think. It does have a 15 day free trial, no credit card required.

The important part of choosing a CRM, in my opinion, is defining what you are doing and then find a CRM that fits that. Easier said than done unfortunately.

My FMO just announced they are providing an advanced CRM for us without charge. It has been customized in many ways. One is to link to some of the available products and incorporate case designs within the client file.

Now, the downside is that you probably can't take it with you if you leave the FMO. I haven't really looked into it completely since I would rather pay some reasonable amount and feel free to leave.

But I think this may be a trend. FMOs are always looking for ways to keep their big producers from jumping ship -proprietary products being an example.

Back