CYA Aetna, I'll Miss You

springbokhouston

Guru
100+ Post Club
Bye Bye Aetna. I tried to quote a 62 year old lady smoker Aetna Graded today for $20,000.....

MOO - $113.56
Foresters - $141.89
Aetna Graded - $244.99
Aenta Modified - $306.65

So much for small increases :)

So disappointing, I really loved doing business with them.

Bye Bye Aetna. I tried to quote a 62 year old lady smoker Aetna Graded today for $20,000.....

MOO - $113.56
Foresters - $141.89
Aetna Graded - $244.99
Aenta Modified - $306.65

Yea I'd rather them just leave the business like they obviously want to instead of making these stupid changes!

MOO - $113.56
Foresters - $141.89
Aetna Graded - $244.99
Aenta Modified - $306.65

I wrote a lady Aetna graded early this year. $60/mo. She lapsed it a couple months ago. Now she wants to pick it back up. Aetna won't let you reinstate a lapsed policy if it's over 60 days. They said we just rewrite it. $110/mo to rewrite.

Those other plans are not 2 year ROP. 30/70/100 worst case.

I understand that. If you give your clients the pros and cons of both most will choose a premium that is $13 per month lower because they don't see themselves passing away within 2 years. It's the same coverage after 2 years. It's more than a $1,500 savings over 10 years. Just my opinion.

Doesn't ethics sway you to focus on the carrier offering 40/70/100 vs ROP. Using that logic is the same reason they don't have life insurance at 65 y/o

I understand that. If you give your clients the pros and cons of both most will choose a premium that is $13 per month lower because they don't see themselves passing away within 2 years. It's the same coverage after 2 years. It's more than a $1,500 savings over 10 years. Just my opinion.

But will they allow a mailed app like Gerber for ROP? If they did I'd use them more. Many of my clients work and prefer to use email and phone rather than home visits.

Back