CYA Aetna, I'll Miss You

stated by Newby

"I can sell everyone a policy that covers them for 70% starting after 12 months"

Can you send me an email about this product? Also I did send 2 to KSKY last Wed. Still waiting for the phone interview to be completed

stated by Newby

"I can sell everyone a policy that covers them for 70% starting after 12 months"

Can you send me an email about this product? Also I did send 2 to KSKY last Wed. Still waiting for the phone interview to be completed

He is talking about funeral preneed.

Maybe I should wait for JD, but come on Scott. Let's flip the situation around. Previous agent writes a prospect with a 30/70/100 product for $30 more a month than Gerber. Are you telling me that if you came in the house afterward that you would replace it with Gerber?? Of course not. It would be unethical to do so. But we replace ROP products with 1st day coverage that is more expensive all day long! Our job is to do what's in the best interest of our clients. Our clients' didn't get to where they are today by making sound financial decisions.

Depends on the premium difference. And the client's estimation of how long they are going to live. It goes both ways.

I once sold a guy a standard (not Prefered) tobacco rated American Memorial policy with first day coverage. The premium was so high I felt dirty afterward. But I had also showed him the much lower premium for Gerber GI. He was only Rated because of a recent stint. There is no way I would have chose for myself the one he did. But it was his choice. 1st day coverage meant a lot to him. But many others have gone the other way.

Some people are more premium focused than others.

Maybe I should wait for JD, but come on Scott. Let's flip the situation around. Previous agent writes a prospect with a 30/70/100 product for $30 more a month than Gerber. Are you telling me that if you came in the house afterward that you would replace it with Gerber?? Of course not. It would be unethical to do so. But we replace ROP products with 1st day coverage that is more expensive all day long!

Our job is to do what's in the best interest of our clients. Our clients' didn't get to where they are today by making sound financial decisions.

Wait on me for what? I don't sell GI or ROP so there's nothing for me to compare. I will sell graded, {not graded in name only}. I replace a lot of ROP that was sold improperly. Just replaced 2 one year old NGL policies. Level coverage for both. And they both could have gotten level a year ago.

I checked the DOI site and that agent is already out of the business that sold the NGL.

Lol did someone really just post "estimation on how long they think they will live"

Strong logic.

Yes our clientele are a bunch of doctorate holding statisticians.

Well my copd has been doing okay minus this nebulizer and my kids won't stop smoking in the house but yea I've got another 7 years....are you kidding me???!!!!!

Lol did someone really just post "estimation on how long they think they will live" Strong logic. Yes our clientele are a bunch of doctorate holding statisticians. Well my copd has been doing okay minus this nebulizer and my kids won't stop smoking in the house but yea I've got another 7 years....are you kidding me???!!!!!

For real, the sickest ones always think they're going to live forever. I don't know how many times I've heard "I'll def live for 2 more years." Meanwhile they're smoking with COPD and heart issues.

----------

Wait on me for what? I don't sell GI or ROP so there's nothing for me to compare. I will sell graded, {not graded in name only}. I replace a lot of ROP that was sold improperly. Just replaced 2 one year old NGL policies. Level coverage for both. And they both could have gotten level a year ago. I checked the DOI site and that agent is already out of the business that sold the NGL.

Right and you wouldn't recommend mutual of Omaha for someone that could qualify for first day coverage, even if mutual was cheaper.

Show 'em both options, educate the pros and cons, and ask which they'd prefer.

The important thing is to make them a client first.

Let them decide which works best for their individual goals.

Keep it simple.

Lol did someone really just post "estimation on how long they think they will live" Strong logic. Yes our clientele are a bunch of doctorate holding statisticians. Well my copd has been doing okay minus this nebulizer and my kids won't stop smoking in the house but yea I've got another 7 years....are you kidding me???!!!!!

Read and learn young weed-hopper.

It doesn't matter what you think. It doesn't matter what I think. It doesn't matter what their doctor thinks.

The only think that is going through their mind when they are presented with those options is "what is the chance of me dieing in the next few years?"

It has nothing to do with reality. It has everything to do with their perceived reality.

Some of the sickest wins think they're healthy as a horse. Some of the healthy ones that are depressed think they're going to die tomorrow.

It's not for you or me to judge it's their choice and their decision.

My math was a little fuzzy last night, but when there is a substantial savings show them both. You may not show both to someone with one foot in the grave like someone who has CHF, diabetes, smokes, and is extremely obese, but yes to someone who had a recent health issue that is resolved. Statistics show that more than 95% of FE policyholders do not die within 2 years.

Back