Direct Express Carriers

How about $6/mo on the one case case discussed here? That's 12% more. How about checking a non smoker? Then the difference gets even greater.

Most cases with a couple-buck's difference in premium isn't enough motivation for most policy holders to switch.

Obviously, some will, but the vast majority won't.

It's more important to make sure you're competitive and selling yourself, versus living and dying by price.

Most cases with a couple-buck's difference in premium isn't enough motivation for most policy holders to switch. Obviously, some will, but the vast majority won't. It's more important to make sure you're competitive and selling yourself, versus living and dying by price.

I agree whole heartedly. Price is important but serving the perceived need and creating the relationship trumps price many times. It's about relating to the prospect, having solid conversations and building trust. That will also give you higher persistency rates. If a client just buys from you because you are cheaper they will just as quickly flip to the next guy that comes along with a lesser price. This was a very valuable lesson I brought from the P&c world.

Most cases with a couple-buck's difference in premium isn't enough motivation for most policy holders to switch.

Obviously, some will, but the vast majority won't.

It's more important to make sure you're competitive and selling yourself, versus living and dying by price.

I couldn't disagree more. I find the vast majority will in the FE market.

In this case alone I could get the guy about $1500 more coverage for the same price he would be paying elsewhere and he would have me for his agent.

Pretty easy sale for me.

Maybe if some would learn the art of selling they wouldn't have to resort to snide comments about selling on price?

I couldn't disagree more. I find the vast majority will in the FE market.

In this case alone I could get the guy about $1500 more coverage for the same price he would be paying elsewhere and he would have me for his agent.

Pretty easy sale for me.

Maybe if some would learn the art of selling they wouldn't have to resort to snide comments about selling on price?

So if I come behind your clients and offer them Christian Fidelity they will all switch (assuming they qualify?) if I can get them $1000 more in coverage?

Thanks for proving my point.

I don't what point you feel I made. I sell value not price. But when i recommend a company that's higher in price than what they can get I tell that and why I'm recommending the company I am.

I also tell them that if they don't agree that the other company is of more value then i will write the lowest price. Most go with my recommendation. Some go for the lowest price.

In this case we were talking about writing a new deal for a guy. Why would I offer LB at $6/mo more? To use the DE card? The one that's $6/mo less also takes the DE card.

Where's the value there for the client?

I don't what point you feel I made. I sell value not price. But when i recommend a company that's higher in price than what they can get I tell that and why I'm recommending the company I am. I also tell them that if they don't agree that the other company is of more value then i will write the lowest price. Most go with my recommendation. Some go for the lowest price. In this case we were talking about writing a new deal for a guy. Why would I offer LB at $6/mo more? To use the DE card? The one that's $6/mo less also takes the DE card. Where's the value there for the client?

Easy! Your right. Price and value matter. I think what Rearden and I are saying is that price should never be the defining factor in an insurance buying decision.

Back