Direct Mail Vs Buying Leads

I remember sending out 1,000 direct mail pieces to small businesses for health insurance. I got 2 leads and no sales.

I was selected by Assurant as one of 3 GAs in MD who would get exclusive leads from their mailer to business owners about their self-funded plan. They claimed to have mailed out over 50,000 pieces. Leads were close to zero - I think 3.

Thanks for all your advice - yes same guy considering Genworth and Mass - I will forego the direct mail and stay with the relational value sale - speaking of value - Anyone ever read the book Values-Based Sales by Bill Bachrach? And followed the teaching? Interesting stuff there

Thanks for all your advice - yes same guy considering Genworth and Mass - I will forego the direct mail and stay with the relational value sale - speaking of value - Anyone ever read the book Values-Based Sales by Bill Bachrach? And followed the teaching? Interesting stuff there

Here's the Amazon link for that book you mentioned Values-Based Sales for anyone who is interested in finding out more about the book and reading the reviews on Amazon:

Amazon.com: Values-Based Selling (9781887006002): Bill Bachrach: Books

So I wonder what makes the ROI work for Equita and its agents? They use response cards, and the "plug" is that these leads are current for the agent ordering them - could be they actually lose money on the mailing and hope to make up the difference when an agent sells its FE? Or as I have read in some posts not all the leads purchased are fresh - any thoughts? BTW - Thanks for the info on stellar, Tampa -

So I wonder what makes the ROI work for Equita and its agents? They use response cards, and the "plug" is that these leads are current for the agent ordering them - could be they actually lose money on the mailing and hope to make up the difference when an agent sells its FE? Or as I have read in some posts not all the leads purchased are fresh - any thoughts? BTW - Thanks for the info on stellar, Tampa -

EFES loses money on the leads. They only make money if the agent produces. They are pretty strict about cutting off a non producing agent from the lead program. They have to be.

Thanks JD - I figured that has to be the case and I will most likely go with them - I just hope they build some confidence in their new agents prior or very close to the agent getting leads - they have obviously done something right - my only concern at this point is my location - very affluent and crawling with financial advisors - then you read the Equita Article at Final Expense 101 and you don't know who or what to believe - Ha! - another shoot from the hip and go with your gut - :)

Back