DIY...How to Term Yourself from an IMO...STAY AWAY FROM YIG

Gooner

Guru
5000 Post Club
Atlanta, GA
For all of those agents looking for a way to term their contracts. I would like to offer a little bit of advice.

As an independent agent, we get to choose who we send business through...I will ONLY put business through carriers/companies/IMO's I choose to business through. For the following reasons, I will be terminating my contract(singular) with Your Insurance Group.

These greaseballs decide that it is a good idea to 'Re-brand' B leads into A minus leads...they then proceed to send 4 emails daily for a week straight. Well, I decided to un-subscribe and in my 'reason' for unsubscribing I left a not so nice parting gift...it was ugly and offensive...of which a few here can completely understand(if you want a pic of the actual text pm me and I'll send it...I won't post because it is vulgar...and highly inappropriate...and as you'll read in a minute...unprofessional)

The backstory here is that YIG(Your Insurance Group) had tried to sell one of my forum brethren(some will pick up on this) a bunch of crap leads. He had ordered new/fresh leads and long story short was given the run around until he made a big stink and was given aged leads as 'fresh' Had he not been an experienced agent, he might have just paid for these "aged" leads as NEW and not known the difference. After getting his direct Upline involved the problem was resolved.

But I digress... I sent my inappropriate 'unsubscribe' message last night AND this morning I get a call from my upline, saying that they received a call from 'the man, the myth, the legend of FE sales' saying he was offended by my message...well, yeah...it was meant to be offensive...so below you will find the email correspondence...ENJOY...FOR THE RECORD...IF YOU ALLIGN YOURSELF WITH CROOKS...YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE...I WOULDN'T PLACE ANY BUSINESS WITH YIG UNLESS I WAS GETTING 1,000 PERCENT COMMISSION...YES, THAT IS THE PRICE FOR MY SOUL!

My email to the FE guru first thing this morning...

"I received a call from *** this morning saying that you were offended by my unsubscribe message. The message was intended to be offensive. While I have no reason to doubt YOUR integrity, based off of 'blank' and 'blank', the guy running YIG's lead program tried to rip off an agent that I know personally. Whether it was him or one of his assistants that sent over bogus leads, it ultimately falls on the company. Had he not been an experienced agent, and even then he called me see if I thought it was fishy, he would have just accepted the leads. Most people in this business cannot afford to waste $600 or so dollars, especially when they are depending on those leads as their life blood.

I have one big case that I wrote in December that is going to be a chargeback. I will place enough business this month to cover the CB, then I will term myself. I choose not to do business with your company.

Sincerely,

***Gooner***"

The GURU's response tonight....

"I appreciate your email but, at the end of the day, it was very offensive and very unprofessional!

If an agent had an issue, they need to contact me so I can resolve the issue.

As an agent myself, I would never wrong an agent on leads! I know from experience that leads are the life blood for an agent.

When the offensive remarks are made towards YIG, they are made to me as I am a managing partner of YIG.

Although we are not perfect, we strive for perfection and do all we can to make things right. If an agent was wronged, I will be the first to make it right. I understand the business more than most people in this business and understand when a situation needs to be handled.

I have always learned that sending offensive messages can come back to bite an individual.

I appreciate your concern for your close friend! We can only hope to have many close friends in our lifetime but, remember, saying offensive statements can offend individuals you have never had the pleasure of meeting

If you choose to cancel your ** contract, that is your choice and your decision.

Again, thanks for the email but again, the remarks were very unprofessional and very offensive.

If you feel that a phone conversation is warranted, please feel free to contact me.

Kindest Regards,"

And finally, my response to the guru

Thanks for the response. The 'I have always learned that sending offensive messages can come back to bite an individual.' is so very true. It does happen in a profession where someone actually cares about what others think about them. I happen to be one of the few individuals, who A) doesn't need to sell insurance. B) Could care less about what anyone in this Multi-level marketing scheme thinks about them AND C) is completely financially sound not to ever work another day in there life.

That all being said, please know that every exchange we have made will now be made open on the forum. YOU were the one who felt a phone call was needed, by your call to *** earlier today. My contact info is readily available and we could have chatted before you made the call to ***. I will tell you exactly what I said to ***, you can term me...and if any IMO EVER, *** included EVER decides to try and dictate my behavior, they can go to hell just as fast as YIG for ripping off unsuspecting agents off. You may have had friends, but you have aligned yourself with the wrong people...and yes...it is an attack against YIG and YOU as a managing partner should take it personal. The fact that I had to bring **** into the conversation with my 'friend' proves how slack YIG was in getting his issue resolved.

I will whole-heartedly agree that the message I sent in my 'unsubscribe' message was unprofessional. The problem is ___, that I NEVER subscribed to your damn email blast. Simply because I placed a contract with *** because I wanted to give business to ***...I get 4 emails a day...every day. WTH Man...are you guys that hard up that you have to re-brand your B leads and A minus leads?

****, at the end of the day I get the wonderful and exciting privilege of being an independent agent and I don't have to put up with the crap that a bogus spin-off of Securus doles out as being a good value.

FOR THE RECORD....I need to write $132/monthly premium to be done with YIG...or if you would like to offer me a settlement on that amount...I'd be happy to take it."

To all...if you ever need a lesson in burning bridges, please do not contact me. I only have lessons on how to NUKE them!

And if I didn't make it clear enough for new agents looking for a home...STAY as far away from YIG as you can...of course, that is only one man's opinion.

For all of those agents looking for a way to term their contracts. I would like to offer a little bit of advice.

As an independent agent, we get to choose who we send business through...I will ONLY put business through carriers/companies/IMO's I choose to business through. For the following reasons, I will be terminating my contract(singular) with Your Insurance Group.

These greaseballs decide that it is a good idea to 'Re-brand' B leads into A minus leads...they then proceed to send 4 emails daily for a week straight. Well, I decided to un-subscribe and in my 'reason' for unsubscribing I left a not so nice parting gift...it was ugly and offensive...of which a few here can completely understand(if you want a pic of the actual text pm me and I'll send it...I won't post because it is vulgar...and highly inappropriate...and as you'll read in a minute...unprofessional)

The backstory here is that YIG(Your Insurance Group) had tried to sell one of my forum brethren(some will pick up on this) a bunch of crap leads. He had ordered new/fresh leads and long story short was given the run around until he made a big stink and was given aged leads as 'fresh' Had he not been an experienced agent, he might have just paid for these "aged" leads as NEW and not known the difference. After getting his direct Upline involved the problem was resolved.

But I digress... I sent my inappropriate 'unsubscribe' message last night AND this morning I get a call from my upline, saying that they received a call from 'the man, the myth, the legend of FE sales' saying he was offended by my message...well, yeah...it was meant to be offensive...so below you will find the email correspondence...ENJOY...FOR THE RECORD...IF YOU ALLIGN YOURSELF WITH CROOKS...YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE...I WOULDN'T PLACE ANY BUSINESS WITH YIG UNLESS I WAS GETTING 1,000 PERCENT COMMISSION...YES, THAT IS THE PRICE FOR MY SOUL!

"I received a call from *** this morning saying that you were offended by my unsubscribe message. The message was intended to be offensive. While I have no reason to doubt YOUR integrity, based off of 'blank' and 'blank', the guy running YIG's lead program tried to rip off an agent that I know personally. Whether it was him or one of his assistants that sent over bogus leads, it ultimately falls on the company. Had he not been an experienced agent, and even then he called me see if I thought it was fishy, he would have just accepted the leads. Most people in this business cannot afford to waste $600 or so dollars, especially when they are depending on those leads as their life blood.

I have one big case that I wrote in December that is going to be a chargeback. I will place enough business this month to cover the CB, then I will term myself. I choose not to do business with your company.

Sincerely,

***Gooner***"

"I appreciate your email but, at the end of the day, it was very offensive and very unprofessional!

As an agent myself, I would never wrong an agent on leads! I know from experience that leads are the life blood for an agent.

When the offensive remarks are made towards YIG, they are made to me as I am a managing partner of YIG.

Although we are not perfect, we strive for perfection and do all we can to make things right. If an agent was wronged, I will be the first to make it right. I understand the business more than most people in this business and understand when a situation needs to be handled.

I have always learned that sending offensive messages can come back to bite an individual.

I appreciate your concern for your close friend! We can only hope to have many close friends in our lifetime but, remember, saying offensive statements can offend individuals you have never had the pleasure of meeting

If you choose to cancel your ** contract, that is your choice and your decision.

Again, thanks for the email but again, the remarks were very unprofessional and very offensive.

If you feel that a phone conversation is warranted, please feel free to contact me.

Kindest Regards,"

Thanks for the response. The 'I have always learned that sending offensive messages can come back to bite an individual.' is so very true. It does happen in a profession where someone actually cares about what others think about them. I happen to be one of the few individuals, who A) doesn't need to sell insurance. B) Could care less about what anyone in this Multi-level marketing scheme thinks about them AND C) is completely financially sound not to ever work another day in there life.

That all being said, please know that every exchange we have made will now be made open on the forum. YOU were the one who felt a phone call was needed, by your call to *** earlier today. My contact info is readily available and we could have chatted before you made the call to ***. I will tell you exactly what I said to ***, you can term me...and if any IMO EVER, *** included EVER decides to try and dictate my behavior, they can go to hell just as fast as YIG for ripping off unsuspecting agents off. You may have had friends, but you have aligned yourself with the wrong people...and yes...it is an attack against YIG and YOU as a managing partner should take it personal. The fact that I had to bring **** into the conversation with my 'friend' proves how slack YIG was in getting his issue resolved.

I will whole-heartedly agree that the message I sent in my 'unsubscribe' message was unprofessional. The problem is ___, that I NEVER subscribed to your damn email blast. Simply because I placed a contract with *** because I wanted to give business to ***...I get 4 emails a day...every day. WTH Man...are you guys that hard up that you have to re-brand your B leads and A minus leads?

****, at the end of the day I get the wonderful and exciting privilege of being an independent agent and I don't have to put up with the crap that a bogus spin-off of Securus doles out as being a good value.

FOR THE RECORD....I need to write $132/monthly premium to be done with YIG...or if you would like to offer me a settlement on that amount...I'd be happy to take it."

To all...if you ever need a lesson in burning bridges, please do not contact me. I only have lessons on how to NUKE them!

And if I didn't make it clear enough for new agents looking for a home...STAY as far away from YIG as you can...of course, that is only one man's opinion.

Do you need a Mutual of Omaha contract? :twitchy:

Sincerely,

***Gooner***"

Kindest Regards,"

Sounds like you hurt somebody's feelings. You should be ashamed of yourself!;)

YIG is in the leads business.. My 1st batch of fresh leads 3 years ago when they were Securus presented 3 homes that were vacant, hell on one address, there was nothing there but a mailbox.

Thats why they push so hard for you to start a team.. they know chargebacks start from the bottom up

Latest posts

Back