DIY...How to Term Yourself from an IMO...STAY AWAY FROM YIG

One of the advantages of Fex over most IMOs is transparency. Fex is it's own island. We are not a part of anyone else. But like ALL brokerage IMOs we have some of our contracts linked to other IMOs to maximize the contracts.

But the difference is that we have always been open with the agents about those connections. I don't know of any other IMO that is an open book like we are. It's a double edge sword because some agents will identify us with an experience they had with one of our business partners.

We have told the agents many times that Gerber is through Amerilife and they will be heavily marketed to by Amerilife and to ignore it. If you just throw it into your spam folder or hang up the phone if they call, it doesn't affect you.

Same with YIG. We share a contract. Two actually. We do not promote anything else YIG offers. They do send email blasts too frequently. You can just send them to your spam folder. The YIG lead program is available to our agents but it is not one of our lead programs we promote to our agents. Those type of agencies do tend to blur the lines with new mail dropped for the agent, A+ leads, A- leads, B+ leads, etc. It's not within my comfort zone. We promote brand new mail dropped weekly through our recommended lead vendors, not this kind of stuff.

Tim Winders is getting dragged through the mud a little here. That's uncalled for. Tim is a great guy and a great example to other agents. Tim has gone out and killed it for years. His production is unquestioned. He works similar to Travis's model that has become the standard but goes further by having an appointment setter, buying more leads and spending more days in the field. He has openly shared that with our agents and all agents through. It's on YouTube if you haven't heard it. We hear of agents every week having success using the same methods but I would have to think that knowing about Tims results had to help inspire many of them too.

Fex always selects our partners by leaning toward producers. Our agency was built by producers. And we partner with people who also know how to produce. The fact that we are so open about our partners is a good thing. If Donnie doesn't want YIG to get a penny off his business, he knows exactly how to prevent that.

Does any other IMO disclose this information? Most want to keep everything secret from their agents. I can understand that. Especially when I see threads like this one that connect you in a negative way. But I still think full disclosure is the only way to go.

So I have to ask once again...do you know where your own contracts are held? It's actually a small community this insurance world.

Sorry but I have to say I would NEVER have a contract associated with AmeriLife. They are a huge company and rarely allow release's. I would never let them market to my agents.

Why not get a Gerber contract without them? I am definitely not as big as FEX but...I have a large Gerber contract w/o going through Amerilife.

I would think you would be able to get one outside of them?

Latest posts

Back