Does Anyone Know About LSH?

Thank all of you for the information on Lexicon Senior Healthcare. Over the past few days I have done some due dilligence checking out these clowns including calling the Texas Insurance Commission Fraud Department . The Texas Insurance Commission has no record of Lexicon because they are not listed as a Insurance Company, rather a agent as you all probably know. I explained the up front money required for the training and the boiler room taticts they use and the Commission agent recommended to stay clear of such operations.
I had my second interview yesterday afternoon with Fritz Simonson. After a cordial exchange of introduction for us both I told Fritz that I had some questions before we get started and he told me to wait. After another round of Company explaination I interupted by asking are new applicants required to pay a up front fee for training before being hired. This question brought on a detail explaination of the various expenses the company incurs in hiring a new applicant which amounts to $8800 with the training , background check, setting of first appointments,etc. I told him that I have trained over 150 employees in my present job and my job before that and that we have never charged a up front fee for training. Also my present and past companies pay for travel, lodging and meals during the training. At this point I told Fritz this was a deal breaker for me so he immediately told me he did not want to waste my time, I said the same to him and good bye. These people are to say the least as we say in Texas "A little Shady".

Being that I currently work for Lexicon, here are some facts and validity to all this heresay I read about. My only suggestion is that you go to your 1st interview and let me know if all your questions were answered or better yet, if you end up qualifying for a 2nd interview with your state's area manager let me know how that went! I am still relatively new, a little over a month, and there are some things they will tell you that it seems most don’t want to hear on this site. Travel is really based on where you live and how many are working from your area, or how many territories are available near you. From what I understand I got lucky and got one of the last commutable territories in my area easily commutable to my home. They told me that up front as well and I didn’t hesitate to take them up on that territory.

Income... I'm averaging a little over $1000 a week. I know that is not great but I am still learning and I am finally doing as they have tried to teach me over and over again and starting selling ancillary products with my sales, it is sooo much easier than I thought, I guess I had a mental block on that one. It has started to increase my income and it feels what I am closing I am closely in a way that it feels very solidified and like I have a better relationship with the people I am selling. Again, I have only been with the company for a little over a month and I am sure that I will make a lot more soon. Learning takes longer when you don’t listen and apply what they tell you, I learned that the hard way.

For all who are wondering, LSH has the best training program I have ever been through and support like I've never had in all my years in sales. I can’t tell you how much better this is than my last sales job.

I see some things talking about expenses... each week they pay me b/t $150.00 to $500.00 based on how much I sell to cover the cost of my expenses. Again, much better than my last position.

Good luck to all!

So did LSH charge you for "start-up & training?" are you still with them?

I got an email from them today from a job website. Just checking them out...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thank all of you for the information on Lexicon Senior Healthcare. Over the past few days I have done some due dilligence checking out these clowns including calling the Texas Insurance Commission Fraud Department . The Texas Insurance Commission has no record of Lexicon because they are not listed as a Insurance Company, rather a agent as you all probably know. I explained the up front money required for the training and the boiler room taticts they use and the Commission agent recommended to stay clear of such operations.
I had my second interview yesterday afternoon with Fritz Simonson. After a cordial exchange of introduction for us both I told Fritz that I had some questions before we get started and he told me to wait. After another round of Company explaination I interupted by asking are new applicants required to pay a up front fee for training before being hired. This question brought on a detail explaination of the various expenses the company incurs in hiring a new applicant which amounts to $8800 with the training , background check, setting of first appointments,etc. I told him that I have trained over 150 employees in my present job and my job before that and that we have never charged a up front fee for training. Also my present and past companies pay for travel, lodging and meals during the training. At this point I told Fritz this was a deal breaker for me so he immediately told me he did not want to waste my time, I said the same to him and good bye. These people are to say the least as we say in Texas "A little Shady".

Thanks for your input. I just rec'd an email from them today from a job website I'm listed on and was about to respond to them. Glad I found your post. I don't have any $$ to waste and am not in the mood for "games".

Happy New Year and good kuck in your search!

Last edited:
I see you have now been with Lexicon for awhile now. I am about to enter their training program. Is there anything you can tell me about this company that can be helpful? I am not liking what I am hearing so far in the forums. Please tell me that this is not a "Combined Insurance" situation. I was on my way to trusting these people. Thanks.

Being that I currently work for Lexicon, here are some facts and validity to all this heresay I read about. My only suggestion is that you go to your 1st interview and let me know if all your questions were answered or better yet, if you end up qualifying for a 2nd interview with your state's area manager let me know how that went! I am still relatively new, a little over a month, and there are some things they will tell you that it seems most don’t want to hear on this site. Travel is really based on where you live and how many are working from your area, or how many territories are available near you. From what I understand I got lucky and got one of the last commutable territories in my area easily commutable to my home. They told me that up front as well and I didn’t hesitate to take them up on that territory.

Income... I'm averaging a little over $1000 a week. I know that is not great but I am still learning and I am finally doing as they have tried to teach me over and over again and starting selling ancillary products with my sales, it is sooo much easier than I thought, I guess I had a mental block on that one. It has started to increase my income and it feels what I am closing I am closely in a way that it feels very solidified and like I have a better relationship with the people I am selling. Again, I have only been with the company for a little over a month and I am sure that I will make a lot more soon. Learning takes longer when you don’t listen and apply what they tell you, I learned that the hard way.

For all who are wondering, LSH has the best training program I have ever been through and support like I've never had in all my years in sales. I can’t tell you how much better this is than my last sales job.

I see some things talking about expenses... each week they pay me b/t $150.00 to $500.00 based on how much I sell to cover the cost of my expenses. Again, much better than my last position.

Good luck to all!

Got a call from Lexicon Senior Health. Guaranteed 3-4 QUALIFIED, PRE-SET appts per day. No cold calling, no charge for leads or appts. Annual increase in commissions, after two full years, $100K in renewal income. Vested in percentage annually - after 5 years 100% vested.

Go through 1st interview, all is good. Second interview by phone, a Nick Venetis (calliing from Utah). All is good, until 30 min into interview, he tells me I'll have to lay out $400-$600 for trip to dallas for 3 day training (air, hotel, foo). Okay, no problem. The next one was the deal breaker:

"Now to get you appointed with all the companies we work with, and to get you your brochures and applications, and to defray the cost of setting up your first batch of appointments, we have a start up fee of $995.00--can you pay that today?"
:skeptical:

When I balked, he said, "Well, we return $250 after you have hit $30,000 in premium, and another $250 when you hit $50,000 in premium."
:nah:

I asked him if he got his clothes custom made by a tailor. He said no. I said, "Oh come on, there is no way you can fit a pair of balls that big into off-the-rack trousers!" And I thought NASE had balls to ask for a $300 "appointment fee!
:laugh:

Anyone know anything about these guys? Are they legit? Is anyone making money with them? I think the states should all pass laws against these outrageous "sign up" or "training" fees.

The system wouldn't let me post their website, but it is their name as all one word if you are interested.

Take a look at the numbers. They are probably paying minimum wage for the call center or $10 per hour. They expect at least 2 or more appointments set for the operators per hour. The operators don’t care if they are good are bad appointments, they have a quota to fill. Let’s say they achieve only 2 appointments per hour, that is $5 per appointment. If they charge $20 to the agents, profit $15. With only 2000 agents nationwide at 2 appointments per hour, 10 hours per day calling, that’s $600,000 a day, $124,800,000 per year just in profit from the call center. This smacks of the NASE insurance that used to brag about signing up anyone they can. These are profits over and above the profits from insurance premiums which can pay executives up to 40 million a year as per the Dallas Morning News. Can be verified by the business section some years ago.

So I wanted to do research on LSH. I have a friend who does supplemental insurance for Medicare and suggested to come here and hear what different people have to say about LSH. I have to say I was contacted by LSH via a job website on the internet.

I feel the first presentation was rather fixed. There was possibly one other person in the group of ten that participated in the online presentation unless I was the only one in attendance -- I still suspect this to be the case.

During the phone interview, I had already done some research and knew there would be mention of an upfront amount. So I waited for the "punch line." I felt that the person whom contacted me was pitching me to buy something. He wanted me to know and feel that I should appreciate a company that puts upfront so much training and cost for each agent that wish to capture in their business. I say capture because working for them means not working for anyone else, that's reasonable. And then at the end of the appointment he told me I would need to pay 999.00 USD and also pay for my room and board, pretty much fend for myself, while I trained for 30 hours.

And also it's their way or the highway. This is O.K. If a company is spending so much money on training as they say and that they have a proven selling routine then selling their way or the highway should be acceptable.

I think I'm going to have to move on from this one. I'm with a reputable insurance company that has already spent a large number of hours training me to sell the products. I'm opening an account tomorrow in fact and it should pay well.

Like the man said, this is not for everyone, I was long ago I was not part of the group known as everyone, but still, I don't think this is a fit for me either.

As far as being a new company, I was either told or read that LSH has been around since 1982. Perhaps over the years dba other names, maybe they have been.

It's amazing how many companies will try to contact you after you get your L&H license. I think after the first six weeks, if someone doesn't contact you wanted you to work, then they probably aren't very reputable or are working at a scam because I was contacted by several insurance companies and then some. Its almost been a year since I passed the test and these are just now contacting me, imho, sketchy.

Have fun and good luck to you all out there trying to make ends meat and support you and your loved making a living selling insurance, it's tough at time and rewarding at other times. Stick in there and help make a difference.

DJS

Got a call from Lexicon Senior Health. Guaranteed 3-4 QUALIFIED, PRE-SET appts per day. No cold calling, no charge for leads or appts. Annual increase in commissions, after two full years, $100K in renewal income. Vested in percentage annually - after 5 years 100% vested.

Go through 1st interview, all is good. Second interview by phone, a Nick Venetis (calliing from Utah). All is good, until 30 min into interview, he tells me I'll have to lay out $400-$600 for trip to dallas for 3 day training (air, hotel, foo). Okay, no problem. The next one was the deal breaker:

"Now to get you appointed with all the companies we work with, and to get you your brochures and applications, and to defray the cost of setting up your first batch of appointments, we have a start up fee of $995.00--can you pay that today?"
:skeptical:

When I balked, he said, "Well, we return $250 after you have hit $30,000 in premium, and another $250 when you hit $50,000 in premium."
:nah:

I asked him if he got his clothes custom made by a tailor. He said no. I said, "Oh come on, there is no way you can fit a pair of balls that big into off-the-rack trousers!" And I thought NASE had balls to ask for a $300 "appointment fee!
:laugh:

Anyone know anything about these guys? Are they legit? Is anyone making money with them? I think the states should all pass laws against these outrageous "sign up" or "training" fees.

The system wouldn't let me post their website, but it is their name as all one word if you are interested.

:mad: I'm sure glad I did some snooping around and found this forum. I should have realized the bunk was too good sounding to be true. I won't get that time back- but at least that's all I've invested. :nah:

:mad: I'm sure glad I did some snooping around and found this forum. I should have realized the bunk was too good sounding to be true. I won't get that time back- but at least that's all I've invested. :nah:

There is another company out there called southern security life In that has the same type of business model but does the pre set apts for life insurance. There is plenty of crap out there, best to do your dd, glad there is a forum like this out there.

There is another company out there called southern security life In that has the same type of business model but does the pre set apts for life insurance. There is plenty of crap out there, best to do your dd, glad there is a forum like this out there.

I hope you are speaking of Southern Security Life out of Florida.

Thanks for posting. Glad to know any new info. Let's keep this alive, as I would be interested in reading about others near misses with this 'land mine; LSH'. I don't like hearing of others getting burned, but if this deal is so great, how about some believable, good testimonials about them.

I hope you are speaking of Southern Security Life out of Florida.

That may be the one, I believe it was an agency that used them for there business, gave the agents a non compete deal, gave em pre set apts, I was told about it several years ago, don't know if it is legit or not or even around anymore.

Back