DSNP is the worst..

Travis Price

Guru
1000 Post Club
I appreciate people that do DNSP, but I hate doing them.

Only a few have no complications with them.

Had a lady who is T65 in December call me today. Has Medicaid and wants a DSNP. I tried to say no but she practically begged for help so I gave in and will call her tomorrow to schedule a F2F.

Years ago I enrolled a woman in a dual plan. What a PITA she was! She kept calling me even after she went to another company! BUT, when I was enrolling her, her deaf mute son was visiting and asked if he could get insurance. His dual plan is still in my book, I hear from him once in a while, never a problem.

We need to help those we can. It's what we get the big bucks for.

I’ve made a hell of a lot of money off duals . It’s a lot of work no doubt but once you get loyalty it’s a freight train of referrals. I think 20% dual a good # .

Had a lady who is T65 in December call me today. Has Medicaid and wants a DSNP. I tried to say no but she practically begged for help so I gave in and will call her tomorrow to schedule a F2F.

I'm genuinely curious. If she's on Medicaid, why would you NOT put her on a DSNP? In our area, that's a no brainer. She would get a ton of additional benefits, and as long as I put her on a plan with the best or close to the best benefits, I'll probably never hear from her again except to see how she's doing.

Love writing SNP. That $205 a month utility benefit for 2023 is a homerun with UHC.

I'm not arguing the benefits. Not even the people per se.. but the market and how it's structured is such a pita. Especially right now because Medicaid won't kick anyone off because of COVID exemption, but they'll send letters to people saying they're kicked off.

Then, you have to explain to them that they aren't really off yet, but will be eventually and they should do some research about off DSNP plans, which then they're pissed because they aren't covered 100%.

I’ve made a hell of a lot of money off duals . It’s a lot of work no doubt but once you get loyalty it’s a freight train of referrals. I think 20% dual a good # .

I totally get where you're coming from and I'm glad other agents do them so I don't have to.

I want things easier vs getting a whole mess of referrals of pita.

Like I said, I appreciate people that do them.. I just don't want to myself.

We need to help those we can. It's what we get the big bucks for.

Yes and no. I'm a perspective guy. Some DSNPs are great. Some are super entitled. I really hate this COVID exemption because it messes with people that don't know what they're reading. I end up sending them to DHHS if they want to argue, but that's mostly me just not in the right head space recently.

Back