First Day Coverage with COPD

Beware Americo's screwball non-transparent drug-combo guidelines.

I only send smoking COPD'ers that don't have any other health problems and don't take many meds; I won't trust their underwriting anymore, as I've lost a few cases due to inconsistent underwriting standards at Americo.

I'd rather send it to Assurity or Transamerica (and that sure says a lot!).

No TIA JD...... Thanks In Advance is what the OP said.

COPD
Cholesterol
BP

Good case with Assurity if insured is a non-smoker and they have had Labs done in the past 12 months for cholesterol.... They will want to know the levels for Total cholesterol and their last BP readings at the doctors during the POS interview.

Should sail through Transamerica at Standards within 2 days, Assurity may want a Doctors letter with the Total Cholesterol and last BP readings prior to making a decision. If levels are good, the Assurity Level will be about 30% less than Trans Standard.

No TIA JD...... Thanks In Advance is what the OP said.

COPD
Cholesterol
BP

Good case with Assurity if insured is a non-smoker and they have had Labs done in the past 12 months for cholesterol.... They will want to know the levels for Total cholesterol and their last BP readings at the doctors during the POS interview.

Should sail through Transamerica at Standards within 2 days, Assurity may want a Doctors letter with the Total Cholesterol and last BP readings prior to making a decision. If levels are good, the Assurity Level will be about 30% less than Trans Standard.

I know Assurity isn't everyone's favorite, but no need to stretch things.

Assurity isn't going to give a flip about cholesterol. They will want to know the hypertension was diagnosed more than 6 months ago.

The key to Assurity is proper field underwriting and proper preparation of the applicant. They need to understand, answer the questions as asked. This isn't confession with your priest, simply answer what they ask.

It is absolutely amazing what Assurity will issue, per their guidelines, if you can keep the applicant from treating it like a confessional. 9 times out of 10, the applicant is talking themselves into a decline because they won't shut up or they withheld information from the agent. While it is annoying, ultimately the fault lies with the applicant. They try to hide health from the agent and then they won't follow instructions on the phone.

This is why I think PHIs are a great tool for the company. People think nothing of lying to the agent, but put them on the phone and suddenly they sing like a canary.

Beware Americo's screwball non-transparent drug-combo guidelines.

I only send smoking COPD'ers that don't have any other health problems and don't take many meds; I won't trust their underwriting anymore, as I've lost a few cases due to inconsistent underwriting standards at Americo.

I'd rather send it to Assurity or Transamerica (and that sure says a lot!).
I had this happen to me last week on my first americo app. None of his meds were on the knockout list. Got knocked down to graded and said it was from a script check.

Speaking of Americo, I wrote a smoking COPDer with them yesterday. I have a big X on next of the place for them to sign as the insured. And I want to the signature pages they signed for the owner. I drew a little arrow from their signature over to the insureds sig line lol.

We'll see what they have to say about that LOL. Hopefully it flies through. :)

Back