Free Link Building Information

i think a new "seoer" must start with good content and onpage seo, after that, using google adwords, link buildings, then using webtools, like: opensiteexplorer or ahrefs.com...

Cheers!

That is good basic information but, unless you plan to spend $10 to $30 per click for Google AdWords (and pay $500 to $1000 per lead) -- Google AdWords is NOT the way to go.

Now you are hurting my feelings.

What I said is true, though -- some of the top SEO people are saying this is the way to go. Probably because, with the exception of high page rank paid directory links -- most people are afraid to try anything too much like the old practices (that worked). And it's up to the insurance guys to do all the lame stuff like guest blog commenting :goofy:

One thing I have learned though, over the years, is that even Google can't keep complete control of the Internet. Kind of like the more they take on, the less they can control. They're far from perfect -- plenty of stuff does slip through the seams.

I'm curious who do you consider a top SEO? The only time I see tiered link building is in low end cookie cutter packages. LOL guest blog commenting! The strategy is guest blogging, comment spam has been low level for at least a year or two. Your must get with the times mike you're starting to embarrass yourself. The name of the game now is out reach and networking, just like the rest of the marketing world does things. SEO is evolving into a real form of marketing not just a cheap trick. Wake up.

That's the reality unfortunately. But if you develope a scalable campaign, it can turn into a few calls a day for high value links. I tried to tell everyone earlier most insurance agents live on the phone and adding a few calls a day for link building won't kill them and can have high yielding results.

If you're really lazy and have a quality stategy, you can out source for cheap. Last week I hired an intern to contact every school in my state to get links. I offered her $250 to call 438 schools. After 5 days, with no experience she managed to get 4 high value .edu links from about 1/6 of the list. Not the best conversion but it sure does beat doing it myself.

Just a side note: While .edu links are of high value generally speaking, if the content on the page is not similar to the content that you're linking to, the link will probably be ignored by Google. If you are paying for someone to get links to your site, make sure she is getting them on pages that are relevant, not just any .edu page.

Just a side note: While .edu links are of high value generally speaking, if the content on the page is not similar to the content that you're linking to, the link will probably be ignored by Google. If you are paying for someone to get links to your site, make sure she is getting them on pages that are relevant, not just any .edu page.

Yeah I'm aware of this. This person is not an SEO, just an intern I hired to do outreach. The campaign is already designed and targeted. The links have high metrics and are being indexed and showing up in Web Master Tools.

In my opinion, the true value of a link is if people actually click the link and visit your page. Since I started the campaign I am getting almost as much .edu referral traffic as I am organic. So I'm not worried at all. Even if Google decides that .edu links do not matter I still get direct traffic. As a matter of fact while I type this, I am submitting a policy from an email ending in @my.csun.edu.

For me, a good link not only helps you in the SERPS but also drives its own traffic. And those are the links I am targeting with my .edu campaign.

Back