Hospital indemnity Plans besides GTL

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
Are there any other hospital indemnity plans besides GTL with better underwriting

Particularly with insulin Have a client right now, She had a $350 premium on med supp and wanted a 5 star MA plan and a hospt indemnity plan for hosp copays

haven't been in the hospital in 5 years but wants it

Are there any other hospital indemnity plans besides GTL with better underwriting

Particularly with insulin Have a client right now, She had a $350 premium on med supp and wanted a 5 star MA plan and a hospt indemnity plan for hosp copays

haven't been in the hospital in 5 years but wants it
GTL's new HIP is GI to age 68. Aetna is ok with insulin under 40 units.

yes she is 72 but saw that Im checking aetna

either way its a little more then GTL

But It looks interesting I can do either the per day or per admittance
Like mdlovell said, Heartland is good under 50 units.

You've been talking about picking up National General. They have HIP, but I'm not sure about their UW.

You've been talking about picking up National General. They have HIP, but I'm not sure about their UW.

I have nat gen And I sold my first with them a week or 2 ago

Guy tool all the discounts , Fit bit, HH, and Annual pay

this its a good option for healthy people where they offer the discounts

I don't know anything about the HIp with them though

Oh man just looked at nat gen it is really a lot of stuff, this much doc vist 2 visits a year this for that this for this

seems like a lot for people to start submitting claims for everything a lot to explain

its also not customizable

thought it might be interesting but complicated for some

however when I put in cart it was not only a little more expensive which I expected there was a linked product my life senior plus for an addition $15 seems required

I never got to the underwriting question they are tough on supp I guarantee they are not going to be helpful here

I think she is done aetna is up to 40 units I believe Heartland is 50 she does 70 units

Medico is pretty decent too... I mean, I can't tell you right off the top the underwriting though.

just checked 50 units

not good for her but its all good information at least I know I have options when it comes to insulin up to 50 units

Honestly have not sold indemnity for years, till recently
Back the average premium was near $70, I felt it a waste

Now its been around $30, I feel a whole lot better selling it

I also like the idea of having cancer plans I am starting to get into that as well

Last edited:
Back