Hospital indemnity Plans besides GTL

they got good pricing of supp in some areas and will approve afib if stable for a year and not like some carrier who say they will approve it but decline over Blood thinner that afib will take
They usually haven't been competitive in Illinois.

If you're curious about Heartland's HIP, Western Marketing has a webinar about it at 10 today (CST).

Heartland info...

Attachments

• FLEX- Riders and HHD.pdf
    144.5 KB · Views: 3
  • HNL_Flex_UW_Guide.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • Generic HIP Brochure.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Honestly, when I sell MAPD, I always quote 10k cancer w/ HI. It usually works out to about 45 dollars and covers the two largest gaps with MAPD that happen suddenly. I don't know much about GTL (honestly) because I've never looked at it.. if the price is decent I'd been open to it as well...

Despite what people think, I don't hate MAPD and cancer/HI. Just as long as people know the risks..

Hey do you know if medico requires the voice authorization like GTL

Be careful with GTL. If you add their cancer rider, it does not cover cancer in situ very well. Cancer In situ is where the cancer tumor has not yet spread. Instead of paying the lump sum benefit when cancer is diagnosed, a in-situ diagnosis only pays a small percentage. Most agents probably don't go over in-situ and even if they did, people are not going to remember that, they are only going to remember $5000, or $10,000 etc. You may get sued over this! Some doctors will still go ahead with chemo even for a breast in-situ! That means $5000-15,000 possibly.
Also, in some GTL policies, the claim must be filed within 6 months of the claim (date of service). Otherwise it is too late and GTL will decline the claim. I had a lady, who had a claim in March, and when I showed up in November to go over everything, I asked her had she been in the hospital? She said yes, back in March. I filed it, and it was declined due to the claim being over 6 month old! This is BS in my book. If they paid premiums for that period, they ought to have to cover it. Don't just look at premiums look at the policy and exclusions. Medico is a great company and their product is solid.

Be careful with GTL. If you add their cancer rider, it does not cover cancer in situ very well. Cancer In situ is where the cancer tumor has not yet spread. Instead of paying the lump sum benefit when cancer is diagnosed, a in-situ diagnosis only pays a small percentage. Most agents probably don't go over in-situ and even if they did, people are not going to remember that, they are only going to remember $5000, or $10,000 etc. You may get sued over this! Some doctors will still go ahead with chemo even for a breast in-situ! That means $5000-15,000 possibly.
Also, in some GTL policies, the claim must be filed within 6 months of the claim (date of service). Otherwise it is too late and GTL will decline the claim. I had a lady, who had a claim in March, and when I showed up in November to go over everything, I asked her had she been in the hospital? She said yes, back in March. I filed it, and it was declined due to the claim being over 6 month old! This is BS in my book. If they paid premiums for that period, they ought to have to cover it. Don't just look at premiums look at the policy and exclusions. Medico is a great company and their product is solid.
According to the Outline Of Coverage, GTL pays 25% for Cancer in Situ. That seems to be the standard on Cancer policies.

That would BS not paying a claim more than 6 months out, though I've seen that with some companies in the past. I looked and couldn't find anywhere it says that.

so medico does not do this?

I have been looking at medico too, Last few days, I like a lot about it though they don't have the accident rider

medico requires the voice authorization like GTL?

In-situ reduced to 25% is NOT standard, check the competition. Both Aetna and Medico cover in-situ. I believe Cigna may as well. Expect more from your product and get it!

In-situ reduced to 25% is NOT standard, check the competition. Both Aetna and Medico cover in-situ. I believe Cigna may as well. Expect more from your product and get it!
I hadn't checked in a while. I looked at Cigna when they came out and thought they had a reduction. Thanks for pointing that out.

Aetna's a better policy and a little bit cheaper rates. Also, Aetna's E-App is hard to beat with the security question signature.

Latest posts

Back