Hospital indemnity Plans besides GTL

I have both GTL and UNL.UNL's a little cheaper than their sister GTL, but GTL restores after 60 days, UNL restores once a calendar year. UNL looks back 24 months, GTL looks back 12 months. UNL declines if hospitalized in past 18 month, GTL is 3 months. UNL doesn't have a GI period, GTL is GI ages 64 1/2 - 68.

They used to have identical HIP's, but they're different now.

I like that UNL has a scheduled benefit policy.

The restoration doesn't bother me inpatient hospitalizations are infrequent.

I may need to reconsider GTL again but seemed like rates when I last looked had a decent spread...

I was looking at a Gtl I wrote last week and medico is about 20% cheaper . Here’s the medical question I Confirmed with underwriting that is problematic. It could be used to deny claims in the first 2 yrs . “ Have you had abnormal laboratory or diagnostic results that were not later confirmed normal threw follow up “ . That means you had high cholesterol or blood pressure that might still be high . Any result that isn’t back to normal could deny you .

I was looking at a Gtl I wrote last week and medico is about 20% cheaper . Here’s the medical question I Confirmed with underwriting that is problematic. It could be used to deny claims in the first 2 yrs . “ Have you had abnormal laboratory or diagnostic results that were not later confirmed normal threw follow up “ . That means you had high cholesterol or blood pressure that might still be high . Any result that isn’t back to normal could deny you .
I found the app and brochure, but couldn't find the rates.

I've had Medico before, but got termed for no production. I always found their products to be inferior and or over priced, so I never used them. I only picked them up for the DVH, but found Manhattan at the same time and their DVH is much better, so I've only offered Manhattan's since. Medico kept "improving" their product, and every time they did...it got worse.

Back