Hospital indemnity Plans besides GTL

35% comp? Screw that not worth my time. As you said gtl tremedous at answering phone . Thats so important . It’s why I’d never write Trans again . I used to cry if I had to call them . 2 hr waits .That’s why every agent despises wellcare .
I looked at the product before I looked at the commission.

Yes, I hate dealing with Wellcare, but they've got the best PDP in my area.

I've been using UNL for HI - super low price = good value -- fairly easy app (they do a voice verification call but pretty easy). Does anyone have better HI rates than UNL? I have not seen better.

MoO for Cancer Lump Sum - rates are good and better than a lot of others I've compared to.

I've been using UNL for HI - super low price = good value -- fairly easy app (they do a voice verification call but pretty easy). Does anyone have better HI rates than UNL? I have not seen better.

MoO for Cancer Lump Sum - rates are good and better than a lot of others I've compared to.

I just add the cancer rider on the Gtl .Gtl has some liberal definitions I liked . Any Gi on unl? How are questions ? Medico’s rates a little cheaper than GTL but they had 1 question on the app that I didn’t like when I verified with underwriting. It was a question that could be used to deny any claim in the first 2 yrs . What’s fyc and renewals with unl? I’m at 60/8 with Gtl . I hear a lot of people writing Heartland . I’ll have to look at it .

I have both GTL and UNL.UNL's a little cheaper than their sister GTL, but GTL restores after 60 days, UNL restores once a calendar year. UNL looks back 24 months, GTL looks back 12 months. UNL declines if hospitalized in past 18 month, GTL is 3 months. UNL doesn't have a GI period, GTL is GI ages 64 1/2 - 68.

They used to have identical HIP's, but they're different now.

I like that UNL has a scheduled benefit policy.

Last edited:
I just add the cancer rider on the Gtl .Gtl has some liberal definitions I liked . Any Gi on unl? How are questions ? Medico’s rates a little cheaper than GTL but they had 1 question on the app that I didn’t like when I verified with underwriting. It was a question that could be used to deny any claim in the first 2 yrs . What’s fyc and renewals with unl? I’m at 60/8 with Gtl . I hear a lot of people writing Heartland . I’ll have to look at it .
I've got 60% / 10% with GTL, and 52.5% / 9% with UNL on HIP. I only use UNL for their Cancer Policy(schedule of benefits).

I've got 60% / 10% with GTL, and 52.5% / 9% with UNL on HIP. I only use UNL for their Cancer Policy(schedule of benefits).

What’s your comp on the graded benefit whole life ? I’m at 80/4.75% . Everyone’s got tricks . Hi fyc / lower renewals and vice verse .

Are there any other hospital indemnity plans besides GTL with better underwriting

Particularly with insulin Have a client right now, She had a $350 premium on med supp and wanted a 5 star MA plan and a hospt indemnity plan for hosp copays

haven't been in the hospital in 5 years but wants it
I use Medico

(snip) UNL doesn't have a GI period, GTL is GI ages 64 1/2 - 68.

That must be state-specific. The old Advantage Plus product, and the new Advantage Plus Elite here in TN is not that way. It's GI from 64 1/2 to 65 1/2.

I've had several cases where I wished it were GI to age 68.

(EDIT 9/10/22) OK, my Alzheimer's is acting up again. The Advantage Plus Elite in TN is also GI from 64.5 to 68. That's twice in the last two weeks I have accidentally given out erroneous information on this forum. Please don't fire me yet. I'll do better.

Last edited:
That must be state-specific. The old Advantage Plus product, and the new Advantage Plus Elite here in TN is not that way. It's GI from 64 1/2 to 65 1/2.

I've had several cases where I wished it were GI to age 68.
Yes, the Advantage Plus Elite is GI to 68 in Illinois.

I just had a case where I wished it was GI to age 70. :laugh:

Back