How Many Leads Do You Average a Week? What's Your Average Closing Ratio?

Yea listen to these guys, if they say its tougher to make it selling Aflac because of lower pay and better products from other companies then they're probably right. P.M. me, i'll send you a number for a NAA manager. Problem solved.;)

Where is stellarprospects.com going to get aged leads to sell???

There is no such thing as internet leads for Aflac, supplemental benefits, etc. If you think you are going to buy life leads and sell them Aflac life insurance, you are doing them a serious disservice. The only positive for them, your rates will be sky high anyway.

There is a reason you don't see many ads from the big lead providers for individual supplemental health leads. The average commission per sale is not high enough to justify the lead cost. The average cancer plan generates about $500 in premium.. If an agent is getting 40%, that $200 annualized commission, $100 advance. DM leads will cost bout $30 each.. If you sell 1 of 3, then you have spent $90 for that sale. Shared internet leads will cost about $8 each.. After you eliminate the lookers or the ones wanting to buy because they already have cancer, you will do well to close 1 of 10.. If you can work all day for $10 - $20, it is a great way to make a living! :nah:

The truth is, this business is 80-90% attitude. 10-20% everything else.

In this aspect, the OP is golden. He can do well. The problem is, when you have a tough product to sell, the 'everything else' can significantly affect your attitude over time and can become your focus rather than selling. I've seen it happen time and time again. Its happened to me, several times.

My advice to the OP is to go ahead and start with Aflac. Learn the ropes. Make the first 6 months to a year about learning the business and developing relationships. Keep your eyes, ears, and mind open to better opportunities that may come up. Don't 'not do' something, but rather always learn and have a path forward.

Dan

You miss the Point man,
Secind, why work SO Hard at something when you could work somewhere else, make more commission and have more options and probaly a better product.

THAT is what everyone here is telling you.

-Aflac is paying me 63% commission... 43% up front, the difference is paid out over the next 11 months.
-3% residual income for years 1-3
-7% residual income for years 4+
fully vested after 10 years

I don't know if that's good or not.

I am open to working for other companies. I never said I was going to stay with Aflac for the rest of my life. But I'm new to insurance, they have guided me through the state exam, getting my license, and if it's as tough as everyone says it is, I feel like it will be great training.

Where is stellarprospects.com going to get aged leads to sell???

There is no such thing as internet leads for Aflac, supplemental benefits, etc. If you think you are going to buy life leads and sell them Aflac life insurance, you are doing them a serious disservice. The only positive for them, your rates will be sky high anyway.

So besides not working for Aflac, what would you suggest I do to get leads?

Dan, thanks again for your advice. I'm going to do my best to make Aflac work. If anything else, for training. I certainly will keep other opportunities in mind.

-Aflac is paying me 63% commission... 43% up front, the difference is paid out over the next 11 months.
-3% residual income for years 1-3
-7% residual income for years 4+
fully vested after 10 years

I don't know if that's good or not.

I am open to working for other companies. I never said I was going to stay with Aflac for the rest of my life. But I'm new to insurance, they have guided me through the state exam, getting my license, and if it's as tough as everyone says it is, I feel like it will be great training.

Dan, thanks again for your advice. I'm going to do my best to make Aflac work. If anything else, for training. I certainly will keep other opportunities in mind.

63% of the total First year premium? That would certainly be a lot more than they used to pay agents. having to wait 10 yrs. to be fully vested is not good but they have never had immediate vesting.

Your enthusiasm is to be admired. And, it can take you a ways down the road. but in the end, it will be hard work that will do the trick.

I enjoy the supplemental health market and I will share a rule that I learned from another agent who sold nothing but cancer supplements years ago. He would go to a town, go down the street talking with the small business owners. He would not try for the payroll case but would try to sell the owner individually. If he sold the owner, he would ask if he could talk individually with the employees. He had a goal.. One in the morning, one in the afternoon. 5 Days per week. Everything he sold was bank draft and in the late 70s. early 80s he was making 100K per year. It can be done.

Yes 63% of first year total premium.

I plan on working my ass off. I just need some good advice on where/how to get leads.
Right now my plan is to buy a business list in bulk from Josh and make about 1000 calls a week.

Last edited:
Yes 63% of first year total premium.

I plan on working my ass off. I just need some good advice on where/how to get leads.
Right now my plan is to buy a business list in bulk from Josh and make about 1000 calls a week.

May work but if you are talking about cold telephone calling the list, I haven't seen anybody make it work for supplemental health. My experience the best cold call for cancer is F2F with a simple question approach.. Do you know of anyone who has had cancer? Was it expensive? and run from there...

Oh, so you're taking a strong advance on your commissions, huh? Welp, some more advice for you - beware the chargeback.

You miss the Point man, You probally cant have anything Aflac on your website.....

THAT is what everyone here is telling you.

I asked this original question to the OP in a manner that would make him want to ask his compliance dept. I know for a fact that you cannot use the aflac logo on ANYTHING without home office approval first--let alone in a domain. In my AFLAC days a new agent had made a car door magnet with the logo, and lost her writing number over it...

Simply put dude--take down your site or you will F yourself. read your agent contract...the brand is worth more to them that you are.

my $.02

I would take the advice that rousemark has given you. Go b2b in small towns in your area and pitch the cancer plan to the owner. Don't even mention the Aflac name unless they ask or you pull out the application.

Back