How Much Do You Average in Commissions Per Week?

Well, my default setting in every aspect of life is "above average", but I figured if I had an average number that I could pad the numbers accordingly.

;)

The last time I saw an average income for life agents it was south of $30K a year. That's been a few years ago so it may be a little higher but experience tells me it's not.

But there is really no such thing as an average agent. There's the ones that do and the ones that don't

Hi everyone,
I've been in insurance for a while, and my Dad who has been in it for a long time keeps suggesting I try Final Expense. How much do you guys make, and how many hours do you work per week?

I'm sure there will be a correlation between hours and paycheck, but I'm just wanting to get a general idea.
:err:

The average agent is lazy and makes 30K a year

If you have a STRONG work ethic and you get with the right people, you will be able to make a 6 Figure Income

Lemme know when you're ready to bust yer butt and make sum bucks!

There's probably a bunch of agents out there that don't make it 12 months, bc they don't have the right support structure, and in turn they bring the average down.

There's probably a bunch of agents out there that don't make it 12 months, bc they don't have the right support structure, and in turn they bring the average down.

I've been at it for over 3 years, and grew up in the industry. I have worked to the point where I have some P&C and Medicare Renewals every month, but I can tell you that it is hard to find support structure. I've signed up with several FMOs for various lines of business, but to me it seems once your in their downline; thats it. That first year in particular, it seemed that after Medicare season was over (before I had renewals) I was really struggling.

I know that not everyone sells final expense, but it seems that there are some hardcore Final Expense sales people that I can admire for not only hitting it hard everyday, but having the ability to line up enough appointments to fill up an entire day, one after another.

----------

I've been at it for over 3 years, and grew up in the industry. I have worked to the point where I have some P&C and Medicare Renewals every month, but I can tell you that it is hard to find support structure. I've signed up with several FMOs for various lines of business, but to me it seems once your in their downline; thats it. That first year in particular, it seemed that after Medicare season was over (before I had renewals) I was really struggling.

I know that not everyone sells final expense, but it seems that there are some hardcore Final Expense sales people that I can admire for not only hitting it hard everyday, but having the ability to line up enough appointments to fill up an entire day, one after another.

I also admire everyone (mostly) who participates in this forum. I think this forum has been one of the best resources for me as an agent, and it wouldn't work without everyone else.

5 sales a week at $500 = $2500.
- 30% for charge backs etc. = $1750
- $450 for leads. = $1300 (very conservative net)

If you save the 30% for charge backs and consistently spend $450 a week for leads you will be fine.

Increase closing ratio and numbers will change dramatically.

Word of caution charge backs always hit at the worst time, so save.

5 sales a week at $500 = $2500. - 30% for charge backs etc. = $1750 - $450 for leads. = $1300 (very conservative net) If you save the 30% for charge backs and consistently spend $450 a week for leads you will be fine. Increase closing ratio and numbers will change dramatically. Word of caution charge backs always hit at the worst time, so save.

^^ Very realistic numbers.

Back