How Much Do You Average in Commissions Per Week?

Yes I did recruit many yrs ago.I understand the risks of rollups and getting an unethical agent who recruits and leaves you with a pile of debt.I also know enough top agents have turned to recruiting so it must be profitable. Maybe they're just tired of banging the pavement day in and day out and want other revenue streams.

Whatever you say Peteybear.

5 sales a week at $500 = $2500.
- 30% for charge backs etc. = $1750
- $450 for leads. = $1300 (very conservative net)

If you save the 30% for charge backs and consistently spend $450 a week for leads you will be fine.

Increase closing ratio and numbers will change dramatically.

Word of caution charge backs always hit at the worst time, so save.

I think that pretty realistic. However, I am curious, when you say $500, are you counting the full 12 months commission, or just the 9 months? Not that it's that big of a deal, just want to make sure we are on the same measuring system...

I think that pretty realistic. However, I am curious, when you say $500, are you counting the full 12 months commission, or just the 9 months? Not that it's that big of a deal, just want to make sure we are on the same measuring system...

9 month advance...............

9 months advance?.. That can be a recipe for disaster..

I think Thad is saying $500 is a 9 month advance on an average sale and then he is further subtracting 30% for charge backs which seems about right.

Would you agree?

If an agent will actually put that 30% back and not touch it except to cover CBs, OK.. Most agents won't. :no:

20 leads at $25 each or 30 leads at $16 each.

I was just giving rough number either way spend $500 every week for leads you will write $2500 worth of gross commission.

It's not marketer talk, it's a realistic budget that if adhered too long term, and the said agent laved as mentioned, agent would survive thru the bad and ugly until, either skills improved or a small renewal base kicked in.

The biggest point missed is work effort and attitude.

Is stupid not offering whole life , term, 10 pay?

Last edited:
Back