Internet Leads

Yep. You guys are 100% right. I did well with Internet in my years as P&C. But since I'm new to FE I can see how DM is the way to go until you have pipelines going, and would be supplemental. DM is just so expensive, but I guess I'm just wishful thinking. Better not to reinvent the wheel then... Thanks.

Yep. You guys are 100% right. I did well with Internet in my years as P&C. But since I'm new to FE I can see how DM is the way to go until you have pipelines going, and would be supplemental. DM is just so expensive, but I guess I'm just wishful thinking. Better not to reinvent the wheel then... Thanks.

If I offered you $1,000 for $440. would that be to expense?

I think one thing that needs to be taken into consideration is the definition of "internet lead", it is very loosely used around here. There is a reason companies are paying to be at the top of the pay per click ads for "final expense insurance" and related terms. Those are true internet leads. If they didn't sell, they wouldnt be there. If people are actively out there searching for a product and filling out a form, they're probably pretty interested.

Leads you buy from companies that have been sold every which way from Tuesday, not sure if you can really compare that. It's apples to oranges in my opinion.

That seems to be the consensus on here about Internet Leads. On the flip side, I've seen that from the same 5 folks who are heavy posters, and clearly have more experience in FE than anyone else which leads me to think they are correct. However, their can't be "zero" value to internet leads. Somehow there is a way to ROI on internet leads. Most likely if they are self generated.

The internet lead market for insurance is huge and growing by the day. It's actually one of the most sophisticated set of verticals in all lead buying/selling, but you're right. FE leads specifically have yet to take off. There's absolutely still value in them though. Obviously real-time leads (either generated by you or purchased from a 3rd party) are king, but aged leads aren't going away either.

On that note, what is a good source for aged and substandard leads? Life leads is expensive and All Webb doesn't do aged. I haven't checked Net quote yet but I will. Thanks for the advice.

For 10-years I bought the NetQuote $3 (substandard health) life insurance leads but only for my local area. They would only generate seven or eight per month. I didn't count on them as a main lead source at all, just extra leads. 99% were garbage for me but once in a while I would make a sale from them. On two occasions they were huge sales (one over $10,000 in commission) a 2nd one around $6,000). So they definitely paid off.

I recently discontinued them because they were such long shots most of the time that I was too busy to chase them anymore. In my opinion, a brand new FE agent would be wasting his time with them. An experienced agent that has some time to work them can do OK. That largest case ended up being several max size regular FE policies, two simplified issue single pays, two med sups, and an annuity. We went down some wrong paths and got a couple of declines in the process and this was all done over five or six appointments and up to the third appointment I was about to end up with no sales. The original concern was an imploding UL which is usually easy but they had some bad health issues we were working around and it took some doing to bring him mentally into reality of what they could qualify for. This is why I say a first year agent would never have gotten this case landed.

So that's my honest opinion of them. Mainly junk. But sometimes golden.

That's about right.

One of my agents sold a 4800AP SIWL case off of a shared internet lead.

A few weeks ago he sold a 2700AP SIWL case with the same style of lead, as well.

He was going to blow them off, but after the large whales he's caught, not to mention the very high ROI he's experienced, he's going to keep them for a while in his mix of prospecting sources.

That seems to be the consensus on here about Internet Leads. On the flip side, I've seen that from the same 5 folks who are heavy posters, and clearly have more experience in FE than anyone else which leads me to think they are correct. However, their can't be "zero" value to internet leads. Somehow there is a way to ROI on internet leads. Most likely if they are self generated.

Self generated for anything other than FE, FE prospects dont have pewters and have never heard of the net. Now they surely have 70" tvs to watch their soap operas, but thats different...its required for living well:D

Back