Is this Release Copasetic?

Josh is talking about me.:)
We talked some about my experience and training, but did not get into great detail about it. Could I use some more training? Sure. Lack of training? I will agree to disagree with you.

The biggest reason why I am not selling more is my lack of good leads, not my lack of training. I have, to my on detriment, depended on telemarketed leads. I realize after trial and error I should be depending mainly on mail drops.

I completely stand by what I said.

I also realize that the more people I see, the better my pitch will become, and that will translate into more sales. Of the people I get to sit in front of, I am closing over 50%.

You're really cherry picking the leads though. With better training you'd be able to get in front of more folks.

Back to the training issue, not one person has sat you down and done training on how to work a lead and pitch a deal start to finish, right? That's a big piece of the puzzle for a lot of folks.

I completely stand by what I said.

You're really cherry picking the leads though. With better training you'd be able to get in front of more folks.

Back to the training issue, not one person has sat you down and done training on how to work a lead and pitch a deal start to finish, right? That's a big piece of the puzzle for a lot of folks.

I don't know if he has lack of training or not because I don't know him but if he has the option to cherry pick leads he is doing something right. Why work harder than you need to?

I don't know if he has lack of training or not because I don't know him but if he has the option to cherry pick leads he is doing something right. Why work harder than you need to?

Because it was unsolicited advice I don't really want to pick the guy apart here, but in generality, if you're only working the cherry leads and you're not working the rest of them right so you're losing sales, that's a problem.

I'd rather not mention their name. I'm currently communicating with them to try and get their policy in writing.

I have to say, I'm getting a bit frustrated with this whole process. I would assume that every FMO would have their release policy in writing and would want you to have that available to you @ the contracting phase.

I get a "Wild West" sort of feel whenever I speak to FMOs regarding the recommendations of this message board (Releases, commissions, assignment). I can't put my finger on it, but it seems like they don't want to commit to that information which baffles me. I wish they were just upfront and direct so I can make my decision and get to work.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS, on an unrelated note. How do I change the forum time to "Eastern"? I'm 4 hours off and for some reason it's making me mental.

Last edited:
I would assume that every FMO would have their release policy in writing and would want you to have that available to you @ the contracting phase.

If it is in writing, then you can hold them to it.

I get a "Wild West" sort of feel whenever I speak to FMOs regarding the recommendations of this message board (Releases, commissions, assignment). I can't put my finger on it, but it seems like they don't want to commit to that information which baffles me. I wish they were just upfront and direct so I can make my decision and get to work.

You are baffled why they won't commit to what they say?

They want your contract. You just might produce.

I'd rather not mention their name. I'm currently communicating with them to try and get their policy in writing.

I have to say, I'm getting a bit frustrated with this whole process. I would assume that every FMO would have their release policy in writing and would want you to have that available to you @ the contracting phase.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PS, on an unrelated note. How do I change the forum time to "Eastern"? I'm 4 hours off and for some reason it's making me mental.

This upfront release agreement in writing is NOT a standard practice and is something this forum "created". It's weird to ask for it and personally I don't think any serious one should agree to it. It's bad business.

Josh said:
This upfront release agreement in writing is NOT a standard practice and is something this forum "created". It's weird to ask for it and personally I don't think any serious one should agree to it. It's bad business.

Why should I be held against my will when I don't need training? Some of your posts are coming across as if you have a grudge against agents...

Why should I be held against my will when I don't need training? Some of your posts are coming across as if you have a grudge against agents...

That's pretty much always been the case with Josh but in this instance he is pretty muc correct.

It's almost impossible to get released even if you upline grants one. Most of the people that will give the release do not have the final say. I applaud their being diligent on it but the end result is that the agent is still not released.

The truly bad thing is needing a release anyway. You never signed anyhthing that said you would have to be released. It's not in the contract.

It's an unholy alliance between the IMO's and the insurance company.

Back