Issues Making Appointments

I'm about to just pay for a telemarketer since I am having such a tough time making appointments. It seems like when these people are told they will receive a phone call by an agent regarding life insurance they are fine with it, which is very harmless, but then I give them a call and it seems like when I say that I'll be in their area and if morning or afternoon would work better for them they tell me in one way or another that they don't want it the information anymore or ask "what's this about again?" Then all of the sudden say they have enough life insurance.

My question is this does anyone else come across the same issues? Like they don't mind the call but as soon as you say you'll be in the area they for one way or another say "no"? Granted this is my first year but I am just curious if anyone else has had this issue and what have you done to circumvent it?

I doubt an appointment setter is going to solve your problem. You already kinda know this but you should probably get used to hearing these objections a lot if you plan to make a living at this.

Could be. I've ended up door knocking and they would be surprised and respond with, "I thought I would get something in the mail." Which leads me to respond with, "we normally do but sometimes it gets lost in the mail and so while we are delivering a policy we make sure they have that information. Do you have five minutes."

Would be better to respond. "We did send you something in the mail and you sent the card back asking for more information that I am here to share with you."

Back