Lead Preference for Tele-Sales

Love David, But the videos lately have been "How this agent sold xx amount of policies over the phone in xx days". I've actually met some of the agents and most of them failed or talked shit on telesales 6 months ago lol, Hardly people I'd take advice from.

Big exception (not!) would be "Jay Dog", currently being promoted by Dave D. I tried hard and could not find a shred of evidence to corroborate anything he said. I did email him and ask directly, and at first he said SURE....but then, when pressed, he hid under his desk.

I find it curious to say the least that many F2F guys who wouldn't even set their own appts as they hated the phone are suddenly killing it in telesales. I've seen several guys on facebook bragging and some have even been on this site before. They weren't smooth talkers and feared the phone . Many recruiters are desperate now and are promoting these stars of telesales.

I find it curious to say the least that many F2F guys who wouldn't even set their own appts as they hated the phone are suddenly killing it in telesales. I've seen several guys on facebook bragging and some have even been on this site before. They weren't smooth talkers and feared the phone . Many recruiters are desperate now and are promoting these stars of telesales.

You can't always believe what you read on facebook, the internet, or anywhere else.

Big exception (not!) would be "Jay Dog", currently being promoted by Dave D. I tried hard and could not find a shred of evidence to corroborate anything he said. I did email him and ask directly, and at first he said SURE....but then, when pressed, he hid under his desk.
Who hid under their desk? Did you actually see him under his desk? :wideeyed::err:

Who hid under their desk? Did you actually see him under his desk? :wideeyed::err:
Yes, Jay Dog scurried under his desk when I shined a light on him and asked for proof he sold 34 FE policies by phone in 10 days. At first he said he would cooperate in my quest for verification, then, when I first told him I would like to talk to him about his outstanding success and how he did it, I got this via email..."Thank you Marc I look forward to chatting with you! All of my sales numbers are real and verified. I have been a top producer for over 16 plus years and have learned a lot in my time. I also have not arrived. Have a great weekend and I look forward to connecting with you." Sounds forthcoming and upfront, so I tried again by asking "OK, shall I call you or can you call me? If you call me please call 602-XXX-6170." And this is the response..."I just wrapped up my day of work and I just noticed how Condescending your communication was with David a few days ago. I won’t be making time for you. I wish you the best of luck in your career."

I guess I hurt his feelers....pretty sensitive and thin skinned for a phone salesman.

Then he went under his desk, where he has been ever since.

21 applications with Prosperity within the past 30 some odd days (there's a few in force longer than 30 days ago).
Jason-Prosperity-Production-Count.png

23 applications with AIG since April 1st. Tried pulling up prior to April 1st, but figured 23 apps in 17 days ain't bad, either =)
Jason-AIG-Production-Count.png

NOTE: This is 1 of 3 pages of AIG production from the past 17 days. If anyone is unconvinced, I am happy to post the rest. I'm just lazy =).

I am leaving out Royal Neighbors, Oxford, and a few others Jason has written, which would up the app count higher. Again, just lazy.

Again, I have no problems posting further proof of what Jason and I explained as being true.

Marc, like I explained to you in our private message exchange, what you wrote on my channel could easily be construed as condescending.

Please take a closer look at how you asked what you asked. Like in sales, much in communication is as much how you say something as it is what you say.

As the old saying goes, "Honey catches more flies than vinegar."

Lastly, here's the interview Marc called into question.

Feel free to judge for yourself the efficacy of Jason's claims:

Love David, But the videos lately have been "How this agent sold xx amount of policies over the phone in xx days". I've actually met some of the agents and most of them failed or talked shit on telesales 6 months ago lol, Hardly people I'd take advice from.

I agree with your point.

My series of telesales interviews is more geared to showing agents that the transition from face to face can be done.

And I think having discussions with long-time face-to-face agents making the change recently is a worthwhile endeavor.

Here's a conversation I had with a long-time agent of mine who has always sold face-to-face that has recently moved to selling FE over the phone using live transfer leads:

Also, to address your criticism, I also interviewed Thad Sipple several weeks back on how he instructs agents to sell final expense over the phone.

Thad's been around the FE telesales block, so to speak, and provided a ton of valuable content. Here's the interview:

Lastly, might as well throw this in, here's a free resource guide for those wanting to sell final expense over the phone, which includes a sample script, free FE carrier cheat sheet, detailed carrier walk-throughs, application walkthrus for a few carriers, and videos that address questions on software and hardware.

Yes, Jay Dog scurried under his desk when I shined a light on him and asked for proof he sold 34 FE policies by phone in 10 days. At first he said he would cooperate in my quest for verification, then, when I first told him I would like to talk to him about his outstanding success and how he did it, I got this via email..."Thank you Marc I look forward to chatting with you! All of my sales numbers are real and verified. I have been a top producer for over 16 plus years and have learned a lot in my time. I also have not arrived. Have a great weekend and I look forward to connecting with you." Sounds forthcoming and upfront, so I tried again by asking "OK, shall I call you or can you call me? If you call me please call 602-XXX-6170." And this is the response..."I just wrapped up my day of work and I just noticed how Condescending your communication was with David a few days ago. I won’t be making time for you. I wish you the best of luck in your career."

I guess I hurt his feelers....pretty sensitive and thin skinned for a phone salesman.

Then he went under his desk, where he has been ever since.
Wow!!! Hope he doesn't get stuck. I guess he was scared to talk to you and under his desk is his "safe space". :eek:

Have you thought about NorthStar? They're right in your back yard and according to Ramiz they're the best thing sliced bread. :yes:

Back