Lead Preference for Tele-Sales

Big exception (not!) would be "Jay Dog", currently being promoted by Dave D. I tried hard and could not find a shred of evidence to corroborate anything he said. I did email him and ask directly, and at first he said SURE....but then, when pressed, he hid under his desk.
Who is Jay Dog? Is that Snoop's brother? :err:

Thanks for the endorsement. After doing FE telesales for 15 years I should know how to do it by now...lol.

Hello Greg,

Working 15 years in Telesales is a great achievement.

1) Why did you give preference to doing Telesales?

2) If you get an objection from a customer that they are currently shopping around, how do you handle that objection?

Hello Greg,

Working 15 years in Telesales is a great achievement.

1) Why did you give preference to doing Telesales?

2) If you get an objection from a customer that they are currently shopping around, how do you handle that objection?

#1...I prefer face 2 face over telesales simply because it's more fun. The owners of Sr Life started FE telesales back in 2004, I started doing it in 2005. It was the new craze.

I debated a lot of respected FE agents up here in the early days who said FE telesales would not work. They were so wrong and just didn't know it...lol. Now look at FE telesales. And with the virus a lot of carriers are stumbling around in the dark with telesales...lol.

#2...Depends on if I hear it before I start my presentation or after I've quoted rates at the end. Before the presentation means nothing. Just agree with it, acknowledge it, and then carry on as if you never heard it. I might ask "so what have you found so far"? LOL (They've not checked anything). I'm yanking control of the conversation away from them and taking control back.

If it's at the end after rates have been quoted that's different. I'll ask them "so how are comparing to the others you've checked so far"? LOL. They've not checked anything and I'm taking control of the conversation back. With Sr Life I'm also in a position to ask "Ms. Betty, which other carriers have a membership that allows you to get your casket, vault, and monument locked in at $2750, and it stays that price no matter how long you live"? LOL No other carrier in the country has this.

If I hear the same objection every time I try to close that person then I know that objection is the real deal. On the other hand if I hear a different objection each time I try to close them then I know those objections are just smoke screens. Now I need to find the real objection so I can discuss it with them.

How do I find the real objection? I ask "Ms. Betty, in addition to the money, what else are you thinking about"? That will usually dislodge the real objection.

I can use that for telesales or field sales. If I hear "I'm just shopping around" I know that is BS. None of our clientel makes an effort to shop around, they procrastinate too bad. This is the one objection that you know is totally BS. That's just the way it is.

Now ask your upline why he/she couldn't help you with this basic info. Every agent needs an experienced mentor to help them succeed. Call me if you'd like.

What % of your leads are television ? I'm pretty sure no telesales outfit has over 50% tv leads . You have to be getting who's Senior life a lot ? There's no question credibility is big issue selling on the phone as your asking for private info and banking . I'm talking outbound FB or telemarketing leads

What % of your leads are television ? I'm pretty sure no telesales outfit has over 50% tv leads . You have to be getting who's Senior life a lot ? There's no question credibility is big issue selling on the phone as your asking for private info and banking . I'm talking outbound FB or telemarketing leads

I can get 100 FRESH EXCLUSIVE TV leads per week but I couldn't handle that many per week. Sr Life runs TV commercials nationwide 7 days a week. Different clientele than the DM leads. And they never say "I thought this was something free from the gov't". ...lol.

Why would I get "who's Sr Life" a lot? I NEVER get who's Sr Life. They just called the Sr Life TV commercial. The TV commercial gives an agent instant credibility.

Getting soc # and banking info over the phone is a breeze if you know what to say and when to say it. If you are untrained on FE telesales then you will not ask for the banking info the right way, and then Ms. Jones will tell you "maybe I need to wait and talk to my daughter first". Ramiz gives an excellent way to get the banking info without any problems. I do it about 90% the same way as he does.

FE telesales is a fine art. You have to be error proof, smooth, confident, comfortable, and in control of the call. Most agents don't exhibit these qualities and that's why a lot will struggle with telesales.

Field sales: hard work will beat talent almost every time.
Telesales: hard work will beat talent almost every time too, but talent and skill is more necessary to have.

With leads generated from a TV commercial like the one below you'll have more lay downs..

Senior Life Insurance Company TV Commercial, 'Return of Premium'

Last edited:
I can get 100 FRESH EXCLUSIVE TV leads per week but I couldn't handle that many per week. Sr Life runs TV commercials nationwide 7 days a week. Different clientele than the DM leads. And they never say "I thought this was something free from the gov't". ...lol.

Why would I get "who's Sr Life" a lot? I NEVER get who's Sr Life. They just called the Sr Life TV commercial. The TV commercial gives an agent instant credibility.

Getting soc # and banking info over the phone is a breeze if you know what to say and when to say it. If you are untrained on FE telesales then you will not ask for the banking info the right way, and then Ms. Jones will tell you "maybe I need to wait and talk to my daughter first". Ramiz gives an excellent way to get the banking info without any problems. I do it about 90% the same way as he does.

FE telesales is a fine art. You have to be error proof, smooth, confident, comfortable, and in control of the call. Most agents don't exhibit these qualities and that's why a lot will struggle with telesales.

Field sales: hard work will beat talent almost every time.
Telesales: hard work will beat talent almost every time too, but talent and skill is more necessary to have.

With leads generated from a TV commercial like the one below you'll have more lay downs..

Senior Life Insurance Company TV Commercial, 'Return of Premium'

You mentioned "Different clientele than the DM leads." Can you elaborate on that?

You mentioned "Different clientele than the DM leads." Can you elaborate on that?

_Little bit higher income.
_NEVER hear "we thought this was something free from the gov't".
_They KNOW this is for life insurance.
_More likely to have a bank account.
_More likely to pay their bills on time (including their premiums).
_Higher closing % than DM leads.

MUCH better for telesales or face 2 face sales than DM leads or telemarketing leads or FB leads. This is just another example of why I say Sr Life has the absolute best FE package in the industry. What other carriers are doing this for their agents?

No question tv leads king. There calling in . They took the initiative .

They are not taking the initiative. They are only RESPONDING to a TV commercial like someone RESPONDS to a DM card. They have to rush to grab the phone, or pen and paper, and that's more effort than simply filling in a DM card.

Sr Life's yellow page leads (in the phone book) are the leads where the prospect is taking the initiative as they are actively looking for insurance.

Last edited:
Back