Licensing Test Too Hard, Just Make It Easier, Says Primerica...

Re: Licensing Test Too Hard, Just Make It Easier, Says Primerica.

I'd have to say that the test does need to be modified to be more useful in the real world. That being said, I don't think easier is the way to go.

If you can't pass a test you shouldn't be dealing with something this important.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to know if you passed or failed the PA Life Insurance Exam??
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Can you tell me how long it takes, after you take the State Life Exam, that you'll know if you passed or failed?

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how long it takes to know if you passed or failed the PA Life Insurance Exam??
Can you tell me how long it takes, after you take the State Life Exam, that you'll know if you passed or failed?

I haven't taken PA but if it is like the other state test I have taken you know before you leave the test site.

Georgia test is immediate pass/fail. However, they only told me pass, no actual score at time of testing.

OMG! How many times are you going to ask this question? You posted it on another thread. Did you really have to bump a thread that is a year old? The answer is: INSTANTANEOUS!!!:1mad:

The problem is not that the test is not too hard but rather it's worded too tricky! I just failed on my 1st attempt for the P&C by 9 questions. Why would the state lower the passing rate but then twist the questions and answers as humanly possible?

The questions are not worded tricky. You may be reading too much into them and over-analyzing the questions. For each question, right off the bat, you can eliminate two answers without a doubt, which leaves you with a 50/50 shot at getting the answer correct. Read the question and answer with your gut. Either you know the basics or you don't. Staring at each question and trying to over-analyze is not going to help you pass the test.

Good luck to you! :)

The questions are not worded tricky. You may be reading too much into them and over-analyzing the questions. For each question, right off the bat, you can eliminate two answers without a doubt, which leaves you with a 50/50 shot at getting the answer correct. Read the question and answer with your gut. Either you know the basics or you don't. Staring at each question and trying to over-analyze is not going to help you pass the test.

Good luck to you! :)

I have never failed a licensing examine of any type and have held over 18 license in different professions at different times including insurance and FINRA. I personally think some of the questions are tricky.

These type of tests, and I take some every year for something aren't that hard if you apply yourself and don't overthink the answer. There are key words, simple words that automatically make what sounds like a correct answer wrong. You really need to slow down and read the question, eliminate the clearly wrong answers and usually it's between two answers. Try not to overthink.

Where I run into trouble is when I change my mind on an answer. Can't tell you how many times I have switched a correct answer to a wrong one by over thinking. If you study the materials your brain will usually direct you to the right answer the first time. If you study, trust your brain.

If you don't study, close your eyes and choose an answer. You have a 25% chance of being right.

When I was confused with one of those "except" questions I would find the 3 similar answers and pick the odd ball. As mentioned READ the questions.

Back