Licensing Test Too Hard, Just Make It Easier, Says Primerica...

Re: Licensing Test Too Hard, Just Make It Easier, Says Primerica.

When I went to take my L&H exam there where two woman who admitted they had taken and failed the test 3 & 5 times. My state does the test in 3 sections Life, Health and Maine Law if you pass a section you do nothave to take that section again...They were both down to taking one section. The testing started and I finished first...I was concerned because I found the test really easy but I was taking 3 times as much of a test and completed first...so I reviewed all my answers and decided to see how badly I had done...I got a 95 and when I left these two where still sitting there taking the test.

Having said all that I found that the exam has little practical value in regards to true job of being an agent.

Having said all that I found that the exam has little practical value in regards to true job of being an agent.
The license only gives you the "legal" privilege to conduct business. After licensing is complete, now comes the challenging part of becoming the consummate professional.

Our Commissoner gave himself a lic, just before he left.

He never took the test...

i think some of people in this reply are stupid. instead helping u people saying bad things. everyone is nt smart. and some people are slow learner. even if its easy test i have to study alot to pass.

You're right...everyone's not smart and there's nothing wrong with that. This is most likely the wrong business for those people, though. Then again, there's always the 1 in a 1000 that make it anyway.

i am throwing a FLAG, on nav25 ...in no way, can he/she be real... must be someone on the forum, putting the shine, on us....

I think I agree;but I have seen a few people who did pass that were not all that bright.

i think some of people in this reply are stupid. instead helping u people saying bad things. everyone is nt smart. and some people are slow learner. even if its easy test i have to study alot to pass.

You're right, we should abolish standards. Who cares if your insurance agent can't pass a basic test? Who cares if your doctor couldn't graduate medical school? Who cares if your attorney couldn't pass the bar? Who cares if your real estate agent lacks even basic understanding of real estate law? Who cares if your mechanic has no clue how to change your oil, replace your brakes, or anything else?

First let me apologize for being harsh...But once you pass your exam, people will be trusting you to protect their families in the event of their untimely passing. They will entrust their retirement savings to you...I could spend all night describing the many ways that you can screw up peoples lives with this license.

I agree some people that take the test 5-6 times before passing the exam will make fine Insurance Professionals but the reality is many will not. The exam tests you on the most basic of insurance concepts if you have trouble with understanding the difference between term, whole life & Universal life or can't grasp the concept of Qualified and non-qualified money this may not be the "Career" for you.

First let me apologize for being harsh...But once you pass your exam, people will be trusting you to protect their families in the event of their untimely passing. They will entrust their retirement savings to you...I could spend all night describing the many ways that you can screw up peoples lives with this license.

I agree some people that take the test 5-6 times before passing the exam will make fine Insurance Professionals but the reality is many will not. The exam tests you on the most basic of insurance concepts if you have trouble with understanding the difference between term, whole life & Universal life or can't grasp the concept of Qualified and non-qualified money this may not be the "Career" for you.

Well said.

The problem is not that the test is not too hard but rather it's worded too tricky! I just failed on my 1st attempt for the P&C by 9 questions. Why would the state lower the passing rate but then twist the questions and answers as humanly possible?

Back