Moving states SEP

beachbum2012

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
A couple folks I got referred to are moving from CA to TX. They have Kaiser in CA, but it's not available in TX.

I know they have an SEP to switch MAPDs, but do they have an SEP to switch to Original Medicare + medsupp + PDP? I'm pretty sure the answer's yes, but I just wanted to make sure. I would imagine it's best to apply for the medsupps first, make sure they're approved, then enroll in the PDPs afterwards, right? This is how I've done it in the Medicare Advantage Disenrollment Period anyway.

Just making sure I'm not missing anything. Thanks.

Yes, GI for plans A B C F K L. The carrier will expect to get proof of eligibility. I do not see the need to wait for approval on one to get the other unless you think you’re not going to be able to get proof of eligibility.

Ahh, I didn't realize it was a GI situation. I haven't talked to them yet, so I'll see what their health is like. If they want to try a medsupp and not an MAPD, hopefully they'll be healthy enough for underwriting to get Plan G or N. Plus, if it's GI I would just refer them to the carrier since I wouldn't get paid anyway.

Ahh, I didn't realize it was a GI situation. I haven't talked to them yet, so I'll see what their health is like. If they want to try a medsupp and not an MAPD, hopefully they'll be healthy enough for underwriting to get Plan G or N. Plus, if it's GI I would just refer them to the carrier since I wouldn't get paid anyway.

BCBSTX will take it for Plan G, GI. Plus full commish. :)

BCBSTX will take it for Plan G, GI. Plus full commish. :)
This is good to know. After losing comp on too many TRS GI cases I discovered that they fully comp GI and have been offering it since then. But I did not know they'd allow GI for Plan G. Thanks.

Don't Sell GI if GI is not needed, I am guessing by your prev comment of not knowing about GI, That you feel they may qualify for underwriting. If that's the case sell a lower cost plan G and you get paid more and clients saves money =win win

Back