Mr. Duford-Final Expense Agent Mentor

Agents really pay you 400 bucks for a door knocking course? God bless ya Mr. Duford.....

Almost 100 years ago the president of Bethlehem Steel was looking for ways to get his executives to be more productive (they were already a huge, successful company). A business consultant named Ivy Lee asked the president for 15 minutes with each executive. When asked what his services would cost, Mr. Lee said nothing now, to pay him later what he thought it was worth.

After some time, the president of Bethlehem Steel cut this man a check for $25,000 (400 grand today!). All he basically told them was to make a to-do list, then plan your work and work your plan on a daily basis. For this, he was paid $400,000!:idea:

I want to make it clear - the individual training packages are included in the "system" (35%) -- If someone outside of his "down-line" wanted to buy his training that's the price of each course.

For the record, I paid extremely close attention to the webinar--VERY close with pencil in hand.. "dullest pencil is sharper than the sharpest mind"..

He mentioned having 300 agents spread throughout the Nation so someone's buying his system(s).. a la carte or buffet style.

I don't know why some people on here are telling me not to pay attention to the cost only the value. This line of thinking makes zero sense to me. The cost sets the value. I have a hard time with the training value being equivalent to 17.5K.

There's some questions with the 50K bench mark too. Is there a time frame this number has to be 'stayed' at? If I make the 50K threshold today, do I automatically jump to 120%? If a week goes by and there's a 5K cancellation - what happens? Am I back down to 85? The scenarios can run in a lot of directions so clarification is paramount.

I'm sure all of these variable have been worked out but in the webinar the 50k jump to 120% was glossed over VERY VERY, ONE MORE, VERY quickly. Waters could get mucky with that set up. I could have sworn Dave got commission breath going over that one.

Anyway - having a little fun. Appreciate the insight. Was legitimately looking at his program. I really have nothing else to ad.

For the record, Dave has been in the business for 6 years, written a book, has self professed training that's a cut above the rest and offers personal attention to ensure your success. He believes he should be compensated for his efforts as do I. That's the American way! I have zero hard feelings.

$17,500 for the entire training package.. Ouch.

Peace.

Good for Dave. He is a hard worker and should be compensated for real training as he has invested a lot of time into it and loses out on personal production to give the agents the attention they require.

I feel more comfortable paying for training than I do for free training bc if I'm paying for it im allowed to hold someone more accountable with proper expectations.

It's evident you are more worried about not making 17k than you are on getting trained to make 100k. It's that mindset that makes individuals fail.

Good luck to you, but i have a feeling that you are here to troll Dave, at least that's what it looks like, either way...get a life and maybe 17k wont seem like a million dollars to you :)

I want to make it clear - the individual training packages are included in the "system" (35%) -- If someone outside of his "down-line" wanted to buy his training that's the price of each course.

For the record, I paid extremely close attention to the webinar--VERY close with pencil in hand.. "dullest pencil is sharper than the sharpest mind"..

He mentioned having 300 agents spread throughout the Nation so someone's buying his system(s).. a la carte or buffet style.

I don't know why some people on here are telling me not to pay attention to the cost only the value. This line of thinking makes zero sense to me. The cost sets the value. I have a hard time with the training value being equivalent to 17.5K.

There's some questions with the 50K bench mark too. Is there a time frame this number has to be 'stayed' at? If I make the 50K threshold today, do I automatically jump to 120%? If a week goes by and there's a 5K cancellation - what happens? Am I back down to 85? The scenarios can run in a lot of directions so clarification is paramount.

I'm sure all of these variable have been worked out but in the webinar the 50k jump to 120% was glossed over VERY VERY, ONE MORE, VERY quickly. Waters could get mucky with that set up. I could have sworn Dave got commission breath going over that one.

Anyway - having a little fun. Appreciate the insight. Was legitimately looking at his program. I really have nothing else to ad.

For the record, Dave has been in the business for 6 years, written a book, has self professed training that's a cut above the rest and offers personal attention to ensure your success. He believes he should be compensated for his efforts as do I. That's the American way! I have zero hard feelings.

Peace.

Once to hit 50k your at the higher contract permanently. The purpose of the 50k goal is to have a bench mark that is transparent from the beginning. If an agent hangs on to hit 50k then they have a good feel for the biz.

You are stuck on this 17k number but it has no bearing on anything. Do you want the training or not. Dave is very upfront about his program and I believe he would do everything he says he would.

I have never been through his program but I did have my UH contract with him. He was very good at helping out and accessible. Did everything he said he would and more

SNL, Trinity, Oxford, KSKJ, Gerber, Christian Fidelity, Standard Life, Settlers

Half those are useless in the North

For the record, I paid extremely close attention to the webinar--VERY close with pencil in hand.. "A dull pencil remembers more than the sharpest mind"..

Peace.

:chatterbox:

Then do not do it!

That would be the hardest $17,000 he ever earned.

Are you even licensed?

Just checked out Dave's site. It's like Dan Kennedy started a final expense agency.

Nice!

And the guy complaining about $17,000 should just move on. He obviously doesn't realize that most fe agents will get some training, suck Dave's time, and never write a lot of business.

I bet that's why Dave does the webinar funnel... to filter out a lot of people.

Last edited:
SNL, Trinity, Oxford, KSKJ, Gerber, Christian Fidelity, Standard Life, Settlers

Half those are useless in the North

I was thinking that Michigan was pretty far north. But I might have had the map upside down.

If an agent is in a state that has NO price busters he is probably in a nanny state. But that's not a huge issue if no one else has them there either. Just write with Transamerica or Foresters or whatever is in that state.

It's only a problem if you are in a state where your competition is selling them but YOU aren't.

I made it clear I was not Knocking Mr. Duford personally. Obviously he's taken his FE vision, implemented a plan and is now building a business. What's more Americana that that?

I appreciate those telling me I can make up my own mind.. What an epiphany.

Those thinking spending over 17K for training is wise - you're not alone.. he has 300 plus agents nationwide(his quote.)

Is 17K plus worth it for training? Simple question to those who have had direct experience Mr. Duford's training program. Nothing more or less.

Back