Need Help, Its Been Horrible....

Is there anybody that can ride with you that has ridden with you in the past so they would be aware of how you were doing things "back then"? Sometimes we change things and are not even aware of it. That was one thing that we always looked for whenever we worked with the agents on our staffs when I was captive. Agents would have things going in the right direction and then slowly change what they were doing, especially by taking shortcuts in their presentation on cases they thought should be lay downs.

Using a little recorder works great, too!

When things start going bad, you get desperate. Clients can hear the desperation in
your voice and I think they mistake it for you being shady or trying to pull one over on them.

The voice recorder is a good idea. I've seen sales training material say you'll double your sales in a year if you just recorded and listen to your presentations.

But you need to have the attitude that you don't care if this appointment buys, because the next one will.

I like Rouse's advice and Agentguy's with the recorder. Slumps are rough. We've all been there. You need to get out of this muddy water and fast. How about a dramatic change in direction? Do you have another presentation? Maybe you've gotten in a rut with your current one as it's gotten stale.

Sales reps tend to do well right out of training. A new presentation would make everything new again. Kinda like a ballplayer dramatically changing their stance or a football coach making up new plays when the old ones become too predictable.

I'm going to give you some advise you probably won't like. Load your gps and door knock every single lead up down and reverse . Your appt setter outside your wife will burn threw your leads and waste them. Work every lead like its a matter of having a place to sleep. Unless you can afford to waste 1/2 your start door knocking at 9 am

I've been learning that the hard way! I'm about the dump appointment setters for good and just call the damn leads myself. Nobody is going to qualify your leads better than you can. Laziness can be very expensive (and I admit, I've been a little too lazy myself!)

Now, I'm not advocating doing an entire interview over the phone, but at least leave your house confident that these people aren't wasting your time.

I've been learning that the hard way! I'm about the dump appointment setters for good and just call the damn leads myself. Nobody is going to qualify your leads better than you can. Laziness can be very expensive (and I admit, I've been a little too lazy myself!)

Now, I'm not advocating doing an entire interview over the phone, but at least leave your house confident that these people aren't wasting your time.
If you are advising prequalifying on the phone, most of the top FE guys and gals on the forum will disagree with you. Your only purpose on the phone call is to set the appointment. Have confidence in your ability to close the sale if you can get sit down in front of them.

When things start going bad, you get desperate. Clients can hear the desperation in your voice and I think they mistake it for you being shady or trying to pull one over on them. The voice recorder is a good idea. I've seen sales training material say you'll double your sales in a year if you just recorded and listen to your presentations. But you need to have the attitude that you don't care if this appointment buys, because the next one will.

Very very true. Great advice.
Tones in voice, words chosen and how they are said, body language, confidence. The average person has a difficult time controlling them. It starts with attitude and what's going on between the ears. The same speech given by somebody with confidence and enthusiasm will make a profound difference.

Changing attitude is easier said than done though. What has worked for me is using NLP techniques that I learned by listening to the audio book "the new technology of achievement through NLP" which agentguy5 pointed out in his training posts. Very useful information. Practical and it works....for me at least.

If I wake up and my attitude blows, I know what to do. If I have a series of bad visits or no shows, I KNOW my mind is not in the right place for the next client. Now I have a working tool and technique to reset my mind.

From personal experience, I would suggest a few things..... Keep in mind, I don't sell FE so I can only talk in general terms....

- Slow down your presentation. Chances are, you have gotten comfortable in what you are presenting and this has led to you speeding up the presentation considerably. This ends up coming across a lot less conversational and more scripted. Make sure you are at a comfortable pace for your prospect.

- Make sure you are taking the time to understand their concerns prior to the presentation and use them during the presentation. Sometimes we qualify prospects in checkboxes in our head, but forget the multiple choice question of what matters to them. Of course, the answer to that is what will get them to sign when you are done.

Dan

Latest posts

Back