Netquote Class Action Lawsuit Inquiry

ATTENTION AGENTS WHO HAVE PURCHASED LIFE INSURANCE LEADS FROM NETQUOTE:

I don't know how long this post will stay up as I"m sure NetQuote pays a lot of money to this site for advertising. However, I have been a NetQuote Life lead customer for about 9 months now, and after the last 3 months, I have had enough.

As an FYI, please note that I am not asking any agents to spend much time in this initial fact finding mission. I simply need to speak with a handful of agents, preferably in different geographical areas (I am in the Southeastern part of the US), to get an idea of how your experience has been with NetQuote in the last year, especially concerning the validity of leads in proportion to the entire amount of leads received.

I have spent quite a bit of time researching a lot of the moving parts behind NetQuote regarding their Life Insurance Lead Generation (& overall business practices), and I think (well, I don't think, I KNOW) that there are many federal laws being broken.

I will follow up on this post with some further information, but I was wanting to see if anyone has had a lot of instances of a ridiculous amount of completely fraudulent leads (COMPLETE FABRICATION of name/gender/phone number/ address, etc). Most of the fabricated leads are coming from the affiliates (3rd party websites) used by NetQuote. However, especially considering the very low refund request filter, NetQuote has been gaining financially by not policiing these affiliates as any other reasonably prudent company would,

The blatant fraud has truly been getting worse since Jan 2012.

Please feel free to comment and we can take things from there.
I have done enough research, in addition to the insight gained from following up with the alleged "leads" to know that there is a good bit of fraud going on with the NetQuote life leads.

I can be contacted at the following email address:
NETQUOTECLASSACTION AT GMAIL

At the end of the day, I do not have financial motives behind seeking action towards NetQuote. In class action lawsuits, the lawyers typically get most of the award. However, the lawyers also are gambling their time and money on the pursuit of cases such as these, so it is understandable that they would get a large portion of the money. The bottom line is that their fraud is further injuring the already not so stellar reputation of life insurance agents as being pushy, overbearing, etc. The real reality is that NetQuote will not stop until something of this nature has been initiated. The funny part is, they sued a competing lead generation company for creating an affiliate and selling bogus leads to netquote, and they won a $4.8 million award in 2008. I have spoken to SEVERAL attorneys, of all disciplines and experience levels, and they all indicated that there is a VERY solid case here. Also, please keep in mind that NetQuote is a subisidiary of BankRate (NYSE: RATE), a $3.3 Billion company, so the money (and fear of negative press relative to the impact on their stock price) is there.

Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to speaking with any agents who think they have been a victim of this scam.

I had a good experience with Netquote last year.
I was able to write 4 apps out of 30 leads...not a huge sample, just showing they are a legit company.
Had to drop them before AEP because I was getting too busy.

I completely understand your frustration; however, you're leaving out one important point. If you're not happy with the quality of the lead you don't have to buy from them. Find another vendor. Lead vendors have often hidden behind their affiliates and don't drop those affiliates until they get enough complaints about quality. As much as everyone hates lead vendors people continue to use them because they feel they have no other choice. If you want to stay in this business you need to find ways to identify the better vendors or you have to generate your own leads - or continue doing what you're doing and be frustrated and broke.

Back