• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

New Agent - Is This a Good Business Plan?

You may be right, but it's worth a shot!

Not if you really want to be an insurance professional..How many Primerica agents manage to make a career of the business working a job and selling insurance in their spare time?

There are agents here making 200K+ per year.. Doubt there are many furniture store employees making anywhere close to that. If an agent will put forth an honest efforst in the field the same number of hours they work on a job, they will make much more than on that job.

As Josh said, most people aren't going to see you as a professional if you try approach them in the way you have in mind.. I certainly am not going to buy my insurance from the guy working in the dry cleaners. I want someone that is dedicated to the business that stands a chance to still be in business when I need their help.

If you want to sell furniture.. fine... it is an honorable job.. But if you really want to achieve the goals you laid out earlier in this hread, you need to burn that bridge and go to work full time at making it happen.

"I'm really starting to second guess myself on Aflac. Everyone makes it sound horrible. I need to be pointed in the direction of a good insurance company to work with. I'm taking my class to get my license next week.."
====================================
he drank the aflac koolaid.:swoon:
======================================

DMs for aflac are nothing but recruiters that get overrides on your commission. it's probably in your best interest to listen to him over a stranger on here that is just trying to help you.
if anyone gives me solid advice and i ignore it, please give me a swift kick in the arse. (there should be an icon for that)

KickInTheAss.jpg

You may be right, but it's worth a shot!

Or......you could be buying a list of names from some guy that you've never met..who will give you a list of satisfied customers.....that you've never met.

The couch guy is sounding more reliable....

i wish i would've found this forum bout 4 years ago, but then again i might be just like him and not listen to anyone.

I am listening.

But everyone is starting to make me think I jumped on the wrong boat with Aflac. And now I don't know which company to approach. I had my mind set on Aflac.

Also, since I DON'T have months of money saved up. I will do as Josh suggested, and use the furniture job to get me by until I have a steady flow with the insurance going, and then I can switch over to that full time.

I'm not throwing in the towl on the insurance gig by any means. I DO want to make a career of it. I've dedicated to educating myself about it more than any other job I've had. I've already invested money into it as well.

I'm just trying to be smart about it. I KNOW that to be successful with insurance it's a 24/7 deal. But I also have to think about my mortgage, car payment, etc right now.

:swoon:

I am listening.

But everyone is starting to make me think I jumped on the wrong boat with Aflac. And now I don't know which company to approach. I had my mind set on Aflac.

Also, since I DON'T have months of money saved up. I will do as Josh suggested, and use the furniture job to get me by until I have a steady flow with the insurance going, and then I can switch over to that full time.

I'm not throwing in the towl on the insurance gig by any means. I DO want to make a career of it. I've dedicated to educating myself about it more than any other job I've had. I've already invested money into it as well.

I'm just trying to be smart about it. I KNOW that to be successful with insurance it's a 24/7 deal. But I also have to think about my mortgage, car payment, etc right now.

:swoon:

You may seriously want to take a look at AGLA if they have an office near you. My daughter started with them one year ago and has done very well. The advantage of AGLA is they have a more complete stable of products than AFLAC. They have good term life insurance prices and they offer free critical illness riders. They also offer work place voluntary benefits like AFLAC but usually cheaper. My daughter is doing well with the work place voluntary benefits. They also offer a salary for the first 13 weeks which might make the transition easier for you.

Last edited:
ouch, those are a couple hours away from me.

I've heard some suggestions about primerica. Also what about HCO, any good?

And, I keep getting told I need to be in FE. What's so hot about FE?

Back