New Agent - Is This a Good Business Plan?

Not everyone belongs in FE. The commission rate is onl;y about 60% of FE but I find it an easier cold call sale. You can also develop a lot of life and disability sales. The cancer is jut the door opener.

To each his own.. Find a company and a product you like and go with it. I have friends that have done very well with AFLAC. The company name is one of the most recognized in the business..Don't let the nay-sayers discourage you.

hard to sell aflac to someone who's got it. that's all i was sayin. the only reason i posted was to help him. not discourage him.:SLEEP:

Ok. I've decided I will do the Insurance gig part time, UNTIL I have a good flow going, some finances built up, and am confident that I can switch over to it full time.

I don't want to be one of those new agents that get all sparked up and then fall off the face of the earth. I've never failed at any job I've had, actually I always exceeded my peers in sales and effort. But I want to be smart about this.

I'm still going to be putting a lot of attention on my website and doing everything else I can.

What are some effective things I can do part time?

Is Aflac something that can be done part time? If no, then what is a good insurance company that I can temporarily work part time for.

if you have decided to pursue insurance and are really listening i will give you my opinion.
1. why worksite marketing? it's daytime work and may take months to close enough business to make money. people that specialize in this travel extensively. most agents that are working with business owners do this as gravy work.
2. why alfac? if everyone has aflac, who are you going to sell to? on the other hand you could pick up sales by beating them with another company.
3. if you are set on part time, you could sell med supps (get with frank) or life insurance(agla is just as good as any) in the evening/weekend. this is prime hours to work this market.
4. training- most managers/companies will want you to committ full time before they commit to training you. you can find steady income this route though. captive companies have training programs that pay you. if you are really lucky, you can find a local independent agent that will train you to sell all lines of insurance.
5. patience- if you are going to spend time and money on this, look at your options and decide what is a fit for you
thought you were payin attention. refer to #3:1arghh:

Hello all, First let me say, I am so glad I have discovered this forum. It has answered many of my questions, and I know it will continue to help me throughout my new career.

I am soon going to be taking classes to get my insurance license. I am going to be selling Aflac. I have read a lot on here about people's opinions on Aflac, but I have my reasons, so please lets not make this a discussion about that.

This is my business plan, and I was hoping that some of you could review it and give me some advice on what could be added or improved. Thank you.

BUSINESS AND MARKETING PLAN​

Dream Goals:

1. Freedom (work when I want) (Be my own Boss)
2. Financial Stability (Debt Free) (High Income) (Buy what I want)
3. Vacation (When I want, Where I want, All paid for)
4. Early Retirement
5. Put a lot of money in savings (I want half a mil or more in savings within the next 10 years)

How to Reach those goals:

1. Get at least 3 solid referrals from every sale.

2. Cold Call at least 30 names or businesses a day.

3. Build a professional website and generate A LOT of traffic to it.

4. Get leads from website. (set up e-mail submission on site, and respond personally to lead e-mails)

5. Create a newsletter. Not just for sales, but for information to existing clients too.

6. Join as many organizations as you can. (Chamber of commerce, insurance organizations etc.)

7. Direct Mail to the right demographic (Businesses, Aged Leads, etc.) (make your message to the point, compelling, visually attractive, and personal.)

8. Buy leads from proven successful websites such as stellarprospects and affordablemarketinglists

9. Service your existing clients and continue to ask for referrals.

10. Stay confident. Read this plan every morning.

I cannot afford to fail. I have to go into this career with full force and success. I am going to put my heart into this and do whatever I have to. Any help is appreciated.

I must say your energy and attitude is in the right place for success. Keep that focus and you will succeed...but also keep an open mind to the opportunities that will come along the way.

The advice given here is great. I will say it will take quite some time to build enough traffic to your website organically. You could buy adwords to help but that will cost you...alot. Focus traffic instead to your existing clients encouraging referral leads by offering something of value for those clients that send people your way.

I know that recently Aflac has changed there commission schedules...find a current agent selling Aflac and see if you feel its still a good fit. Standard Life has some products that compare nicely.

Your dream goals are great-know that to get there will take hard work; 70-80 hours a week for sometime is what its going to take. It is also the most important time to keep your energy & attitude going!

i'm starting to think that robert brown is a fictitious name for a woman. if you tell her something she doesn't want to hear she just rewords the question.

quit your day job and go sell for aflac! if you go bankrupt you can always tell your divorce attorney that your district manager talked you into it!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My personal experience with Aflac

here's the link to a thread about the duck

Last edited by a moderator:
Med Supps and cross selling Final Expense may be a good fit for what you are looking for. They are usually a one call close with no service work. A perfect product to sell in your situation.

Med Supp companies also pay first year commission for the first six years.

I'd be glad to discuss it with you further and give you more information if you are interested. Call anytime at 573.544.4091
Frank I will probably be calling you in the next couple days.

I looked into Agla, seems like it might be a good fit since it can be done part time. They also have a paid training period.

My question is, will I have time to attend that training period with another job? Should I go through the training period before I start my other job?

Also, I'm supposed to start class for my state license this Monday, which Aflac is putting me through. Should I continue with that? I feel as though I need to make a decision quickly, before I get stuck with Aflac...

I'm not sure if I'm going to be captive with them or not, they haven't said anything about that...

I looked into Agla, seems like it might be a good fit since it can be done part time. They also have a paid training period.

My question is, will I have time to attend that training period with another job? Should I go through the training period before I start my other job?

Also, I'm supposed to start class for my state license this Monday, which Aflac is putting me through. Should I continue with that? I feel as though I need to make a decision quickly, before I get stuck with Aflac...

I'm not sure if I'm going to be captive with them or not, they haven't said anything about that...

All I can say is talk to Frank and then go with your gut. The main advantage of an AFLAC or AGLA is training and accountability. What Frank does is a better way to go if you don't need training and accountability.

Last edited:

If you go to AGLA and are on training salary, it isn't part time.. at least not in our districts around here.. They expect you in the office and on the job almost daily during that period.

Continue with your license training because no matter what you decide, you are going to need the license. And, quit worrying about being "stuck" with AFLAC.. The contracts are not time certain. If you don't like it, you can walk away at any time.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone that bought a couch from you is going to really see you as a trusted financial advisor. I could be wrong, but seems somewhat like hiring your plumber as a photographer.

I agree with Josh about this one.

how will you do aflac parttime if you have a day job? biz owners go home in the evening. you definetley need to call frank or someone and have a conversation about all this. you don't even know what you don't know.

Latest posts

Back