One Month Bank Roll Building

My numbers were off too. The captive agent actually makes an additional $2478 excluding taxes. So it ends up being an even better deal!

----------

The career agent at Trans? Then you can even sell underfunded VUL'S to people!

You don't think all the additional resources you received there made it easier? You're getting exclusive leads
Still something wrong with the numbers. Don't see any lead cost as captive. Also are you taking into account the commission rate is about twice as much as an independent. And, since when did MM get into the FE business?

Still something wrong with the numbers. Don't see any lead cost as captive. Also are you taking into account the commission rate is about twice as much as an independent. And, since when did MM get into the FE business?

Since about a year or so ago.:yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Those #'s as far as taxes are way way off. Based on $240 of gas that's about 3000 miles x .54 cent write off =$1620 milage writeoff. Another $200-$300 a month for home office. Phone and net at least$250.Supplies around $250 a month. Food,lodging around $600 a month.Appt setter $1000. And biggest of all is an individual 401k at over $50k a yr. On $165k gross you might pay fed income tax on $50k if you max out your 401k.With double the commission a huge advantage to self-employed.

Those #'s as far as taxes are way way off. Based on $240 of gas that's about 3000 miles x .54 cent write off =$1620 milage writeoff. Another $200-$300 a month for home office. Phone and net at least$250.Supplies around $250 a month. Food,lodging around $600 a month.Appt setter $1000. And biggest of all is an individual 401k at over $50k a yr. On $165k gross you might pay fed income tax on $50k if you max out your 401k.With double the commission a huge advantage to self-employed.

Also the numbers i did was for 75% advance. There will be more money coming in from those weeks in 10 months.

Maybe the game's changed since the last I checked. When I started at one of the big career operations, we were given a Project 100 to fill out names of family, friends & so on to network out from. I was new in town though, so they had me mailing out 1,000 pieces of DM at a time for mortgage cancellation. I will say that they did pay for everything except the data. I never got any exclusive leads. I know some companies put agents on a book of business that's theirs to work, but I've seen some of those customers get jaded after the 5th new agent in the last 2 years calls them up for a review. Some agents I've known at Mass or other such cos have done EXTREMELY well! But I know more that got washed out the first year. In many of these operations all those "additional resources" & support are hard to come by. I'm not knocking the career system. I started that way, as have many others. But I sure don't think it's easier.

Interesting. From what I understand at Mass you get a pretty decent marketing budget. So many people I've spoken to never have to come out of pocket. I had an opportunity to get started at basically a new agency. Maybe I should take it. Seems like I would get a lot more of the support you say is hard to come by, simply from it being so new.

My numbers were off too. The captive agent actually makes an additional $2478 excluding taxes. So it ends up being an even better deal! ---------- The career agent at Trans? Then you can even sell underfunded VUL'S to people! You don't think all the additional resources you received there made it easier? You're getting exclusive leads

Your on crack right?

----------

Great thread that went to crap.

----------

Your captive agent numbers make no sense and you explain nothing.

You changed numbers with zero explanation.

Good job

Isn't the Mass Mutual product he is talking about an overpriced GI just like Met Life's?

Back