My experience so far...

Sad, but we have a tendency to eat our own.

The tenacity that this job requires is often a full 180 from the finesse that most people assume it takes. Often that bullheaded, dogged stubbornness can turn people into sourpusses, or worse yet, greedy little imps that could care less about others.

Then there are the "know-it-alls" that have the magic formula or bullet. If you but humble yourself to bow before their throne, they may share and lead you to the promise land.

So glad @Ksutton that you seem to have found your path. Nice that you shared here as well. This sort of thread can be great encouragement for other agents struggling to navigate their way.

7994f95b4312ee8b9c65d84ccc4bec28.jpg

Enjoy your labor... and leave your footprints deep. :)

This is beautiful! I looked up 'Bivouac'
biv·ou·ac

1. a temporary camp without tents or cover, used especially by soldiers or mountaineers.

I didn't know what it meant. I like how the writer uses that word. In battle, without cover. Temporary.

Thank you for sharing this!

Same. Although few at that.

I used to chase NSFs. Drove all over the state chasing the same people or rewriting them just to chase them again.

I finally learned to scrub my book of the time suck clients.

If they want the insurance they will restart. I don't chase dis interested people.

My guess is most seasoned agents feel the same way. Why chase after someone after they are gone? Is it ego? Desperation?

Move on to the next one.

Spent policyholders can almost always be replaced.

Back