Presentation Script or Wing It

15 mins is way way too long for the warm up, Id say 2 mins tops then Im on track to get down to business.

+1....15min is far too long, esp with single guys. I shortened my warm up to 1-3min depending how open they are & then add more to it throughout the presentation.

TDF
Sent via my Verizon Samsung G4

+1....15min is far too long, esp with single guys. I shortened my warm up to 1-3min depending how open they are & then add more to it throughout the presentation.

TDF
Sent via my Verizon Samsung G4

Word to my brother from another mother, you got it nailed shut.

I am more comfortable just having a conversation and being myself, but I think my close ratio is higher if I semi stick to a script.

Isn't the close rate what's important.

Script V no Script

I prefer the word Presentation. No matter what you think you are making a presentation. The FE sale as a one call close presentation has four distinct phases in my opinion.

1. Getting to know the client. some call it the warm up. To me this is the most important part of the presentation for several reasons. Folks buy from people they like and Folks buy from those that they have mutual respect with. These can only be accomplished in that getting to know you phase. (1st 15 min or so)

Go Uconn

First 15 mins....Wow. I am usually out of most houses and on the road in 15 minutes.

And what's the name of this great CAPTIVE company I should go with for???

If I do a ride along with one if these great trainers with said awesome company will my trainer just "shoot from the hip," or will this person use a SCRIPT!!!

Ok, back on point. When using a script it's not like you're reading something like a robot. It's something that you've practiced and it just flows and sounds natural. Without something to guide you you're just an amateur.

The pro will practice a script so much that no one realizes that a script is being followed.

I remember being sold windows a few years back and the presentation just flowed really well. Even going through common objections to get those out up front. At that point I thought that using a script would really help.

I'm not one to follow a regimen so my presentation is just moving from A-B-C. Warm up with small talk then move into business by asking questions. Get an idea of the amount of coverage they're interested in then write down three quote options. Explain the coverage, each amount and the cost then just shut up. They point to the one they can do. Explain the application process. Fill out app, do PHI, voided, cool down small talk and then, "well, I need to get to my next appointment. I'm glad I was able to help you with this important coverage today".

I don't think you need to go captive and give up 30% comp. to do that.

You may try a script at first but after a while in the business you won't even realize you are following one. It will just be a natural presentation. Most people just want the facts and make up their mind quickly you will be able to tell within a few minutes if you will close. Ask yourself are you a CLOSER.....think about that A life insurance agent ask me that question one time. I thought about it and became a closer

Back