Questions about FMO Overrides and Seeking Insights for Evaluating FMO Partnerships

The lack of decorum and professionalism in this forum is highly concerning. Respondent Goillini52's profile features an offensive photo and discriminatory bio. Instead of providing meaningful advice, you chose to share a non-constructive Ron Burgundy Meme. It is disheartening to witness such juvenile behavior, including the use of a juvenile photo of Alec Baldwin and engaging in gaslighting. Amongst the members, only DonP made genuine efforts to provide helpful direction to my questions. It is unfortunate that individuals like Goillini52 and Tikkibarrister, who carry the "guru" badge, contribute to such a toxic environment. This raises concerns about the challenges new agents may face in this industry, surrounded by such colleagues and harmful behavior... It is truly disheartening since I was just reaching for genuine advice from more experienced agents.

The lack of decorum and professionalism in this forum is highly concerning. Respondent Goillini52's profile features an offensive photo and discriminatory bio. Instead of providing meaningful advice, you chose to share a non-constructive Ron Burgundy Meme. It is disheartening to witness such juvenile behavior, including the use of a juvenile photo of Alec Baldwin and engaging in gaslighting. Amongst the members, only DonP made genuine efforts to provide helpful direction to my questions. It is unfortunate that individuals like Goillini52 and Tikkibarrister, who carry the "guru" badge, contribute to such a toxic environment. This raises concerns about the challenges new agents may face in this industry, surrounded by such colleagues and harmful behavior... It is truly disheartening since I was just reaching for genuine advice from more experienced agents.
Well boo hoo hoo. :biggrin:

I guess you didn't inherit a sense of humor.

The lack of decorum and professionalism in this forum is highly concerning.

Let's review what happened:

1. You asked a question

2. The esteemed @goillini52 gave you an excellent answer - a direct link to someone who might be able to answer your question. What more could you want?

3. Instead of thanking him, you responded by insulting him with a rant about how morally superior you are.

Are you kidding us? is this always how you try to engage with new communities you join?

It is disheartening to witness such juvenile behavior, including the use of a juvenile photo of Alec Baldwin and engaging in gaslighting.

You are the one being juvenile. You asked a question. A man gave you the perfect answer. But because he voted for someone other than you and has a sense of humor, you close the door on him. Childish!

And you're clueless to boot: the photo of Alec Baldwin holding the "glengarry leads" is from one of the most famous sales movies of all time, which you haven't seen, and is always highly relevant in any group of salesmen who predominantly buy leads. You also don't understand what the word "gaslighting" means because no one is doing that.

a toxic environment

You're brand new here and so far you've insulted people and are now labeling the entire forum "toxic". You're even insulting people's profile photos - wait until you meet @Markthebroker (a superhero comic - gasp!). You know nothing of this forum or its norms or its people. Folks here have forgotten more about insurance than you or I will ever know, but instead of humbly trying to tap into that wisdom, you decide to condemn thousands of professionals you've never met.

It is truly disheartening

Good, because this is not the industry for you. How can you hope to engage and connect with prospective clients if you're so offended by everything they say and do?

Really, go do something else that doesn't involve interacting with other people. You'll be happier.

Frankly I don't know how you can even lift your hands to type with the weight of that chip on your shoulder...

Let's review what happened:

1. You asked a question

2. The esteemed @goillini52 gave you an excellent answer - a direct link to someone who might be able to answer your question. What more could you want?

3. Instead of thanking him, you responded by insulting him with a rant about how morally superior you are.

Are you kidding us? is this always how you try to engage with new communities you join?

You are the one being juvenile. You asked a question. A man gave you the perfect answer. But because he voted for someone other than you and has a sense of humor, you close the door on him. Childish!

And you're clueless to boot: the photo of Alec Baldwin holding the "glengarry leads" is from one of the most famous sales movies of all time, which you haven't seen, and is always highly relevant in any group of salesmen who predominantly buy leads. You also don't understand what the word "gaslighting" means because no one is doing that.

You're brand new here and so far you've insulted people and are now labeling the entire forum "toxic". You're even insulting people's profile photos - wait until you meet @Markthebroker (a superhero comic - gasp!). You know nothing of this forum or its norms or its people. Folks here have forgotten more about insurance than you or I will ever know, but instead of humbly trying to tap into that wisdom, you decide to condemn thousands of professionals you've never met.

Good, because this is not the industry for you. How can you hope to engage and connect with prospective clients if you're so offended by everything they say and do?

Really, go do something else that doesn't involve interacting with other people. You'll be happier.

Frankly I don't know how you can even lift your hands to type with the weight of that chip on your shoulder...
So would now be a good time to jump in and totally f**k this shit up or would another time be better?

Greetings,

I am seeking assistance on a few questions for the knowledgeable members of this forum. Your insights would be greatly appreciated, and I kindly request your input on the following inquiries:

1. Overrides for MAPD Applications: What is the typical override amount that FMOs receive for each MAPD application an agent submits?

2. Overrides for Application Renewals: Could you please provide information on the override amount FMOs receive for the renewal of MAPD applications?

3. Utilization of Agent Overrides: How do FMOs typically utilize the overrides they receive from agents?

To provide some context, I am currently evaluating various FMOs for potential collaboration. Recently, I received an invitation to join FMO #2 from an agent with over 30 years of experience who started their agency with this particular FMO last year. As an independent agent, I have achieved considerable growth in my book of business this last year thanks to the direct support provided by UHC, including valuable resources such as events, marketing materials, and training. However, my current FMO, (FMO #1), has been largely absent from supporting my growth until I initiated the process of requesting my release.

During my discussion with FMO #2, I sought clarification regarding their unique offerings compared to other FMOs. Unfortunately, the responses I received lacked a compelling value proposition. They primarily consisted of generic statements like "Medicare is a great market to get into!" and "You get paid directly by the carrier!" without providing a comprehensive answer. In fact, some of the responses raised further questions that left me uncertain.

1. One particular response stood out, where I was asked, "Why do you concern yourself with FMO overrides if you are paid directly by the carrier?" I explained that understanding the overrides is essential as it allows me to gauge the support I can expect from an FMO and remided that I have control over where the override goes since I can pick any FMO that I like.

2. Another response from FMO #2 was, "We typically allocate all our overrides to the agents who generate the highest production." While this logic holds some validity, I expressed concern that agents with smaller books of business might end up subsidizing those with larger ones, without having any influence over the override distribution.

Consequently, I have made it a condition to join FMO #2 only if I am granted an immediate release within two weeks. Additionally, I am also considering requesting that 30% of the override I generate for FMO #2 be reinvested in events I organize for my book of business. These conditions are crucial to ensure transparency and clarity during our negotiation process.

I appreciate your valuable insights and suggestions on these matters. Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and I eagerly await your responses.

Best regards,
Jorge

Maybe you should ask FMO #1 or FMO #2 . . .

Dude - you won't be posting here by Christmas - really doesn't matter what we lack . . .

Latest posts

Back