QuoteWizard

Re: QuoteWizard Blows

Do you know if they fall under the Bank rate umbrella? I’m having refund/quality issues myself. I have asked other agents in my network about it. It’s decently not unique to me. Actually the conversations really quite similar. Either deposits hijacked or fake leads, mostly both quality issues leading to the deposit conversation.
I’ve been looking around on line in seeing a lot posted in the last couple of quarters.

Off the top of my head, if I remember correctly, according to their website they are privately owned.

Bankrate is publicly traded, so no QuoteWizard not.

----------

They are not bankrate. They are not the worst either. But far from great. I had a similar experience to the OP. Most sales people tell you what you want to hear on lead quality and returns. I don't think mist lie on purpose. They just don't know the reality and never were agents. A best reactive I have found is to ask to speak with your post sale service rep on the font end and ask them questions. Qw is about average believed it or not.

Sadly, I do believe you.

----------

Suppose they field a lot of inquiries from folks who DO need another low-performing lead service?

You know Mao.....I think one could be forgiven for thinking so based on the low quality of many lead providers.

It's crazy in my mind to buy a lead for $12 and have to spend an hour or two trying to track down the person. Talk about reaching over a dollar to pick up a dime. Maybe if you're 22 and broke without any other skills it's ok. Otherwise, opportunity cost makes a $12 lead a lot more expensive than a $30 lead that doesn't cause an improvement in your tracking down the prospect skills.

Quote wizard and hometown are both privately owned. I have had a run of bad leads at hometown before but the difference is if you escalate they will do something about it. Hometown will make changes for you but quote wizard will not.

What is your cost per acquisition with Quote wizard? If you don't know that number, how do you know they aren't working. When I used then I paid $194 per household, selling on average 3 policies into the household. It was high so I cut the campaign.

Curious to know what others pay to gain a new customer. I've done the math, you need to be at about $100 per customer, otherwise you will run out of marketing money and have to scale back your growth if your using paid leads.

This is just math, spend $4,000 on leads, acquire customers for $100 per household, that's 40 new households a month, x 3 policies. That's 120 policies a month.

The key is getting the vendor to return/credit 50/60% percent of the leads for you. Most say they have a cap, but that's all negotiable. I send my vendors a CSV once a month and they credit me in full. If they can't agree to that, I don't do business with them.

Message me if you want more details, I've negotiated these terms with several vendors. But they will only do it if you take volume.

Agreed. Don't sign up with quote wizard. The only thing that I liked about this company is that the employees were polite. "I'm Uninsurable, bad number, didn't request, already spoke to someone," are all bad things you want to here when you sign up for exclusive life leads. We didn't receive one good lead and your deposit is not refundable. Good luck if you choose this company.

Agreed. Don't sign up with quote wizard. The only thing that I liked about this company is that the employees were polite. "I'm Uninsurable, bad number, didn't request, already spoke to someone," are all bad things you want to here when you sign up for exclusive life leads. We didn't receive one good lead and your deposit is not refundable. Good luck if you choose this company.

I was doing about 10 auto leads a day with them. We closed some, but after refunds, our cost per acquisition was $225 a household. That is just simply to high to sustain. Not the worse source I've ever used.

I tried Quote Wizard a few months ago. I got 6 leads in two days. Everyone had a fake phone # and the email addresses on the leads were also fake. I called to request a refund and was told the agreement I signed stated no refunds. I told the person very politely I will report this scam to the Florida State Attorney and to the Dept of Internet fraud - he paused and asked me to please wait a minute - then came back and told me they will make a one time exception. The next day the money was in my checking account.

Last edited:

No matter what lead vendor you deal with ASK to see a copy of the contract BEFORE you sign up. I have had so many sales reps say "anything" about return policy when the company spells it out in their contract you sign. READ before you sign.

A big clue should be how far different is what the sales rep saying vs. what the contract says. Far apart? don't sign.

No matter what lead vendor you deal with ASK to see a copy of the contract BEFORE you sign up. I have had so many sales reps say "anything" about return policy when the company spells it out in their contract you sign. READ before you sign. A big clue should be how far different is what the sales rep saying vs. what the contract says. Far apart? don't sign.

lol... You're saying somebody should read a contract before signing it...what a novel idea.

Back