QuoteWizard

Re: QuoteWizard Blows

I had a similiar experience with Hometown Quotes recently. And they are supposed to be one of the more reputable ones. There is so much money to be made in running an unethical business and there is also supply of new agents always coming into the business, so there is very little incentive to run a professional business.

Walthammy,
Not sure what we did that was "unethical" but I'd love to know more. Please call/email me with your name so I can look you up. I promise to get back with you as we absolutely do not play games with leads or our agents!

I pride ourselves on having agents that have been with us a long time like "dondulah" & "LGilmore" that post here on this site.

But I need to know what happened so I can get back with you. Happy to post on this thread whatever we do to resolve the issue if you give me permission.

Folks, I don't post here as often as I'd like to but I'm always available to any agent that wants to call or email me.

Thank you.

Bob

I had a similiar experience with Hometown Quotes recently. And they are supposed to be one of the more reputable ones. There is so much money to be made in running an unethical business and there is also supply of new agents always coming into the business, so there is very little incentive to run a professional business.

Nothing unethical going on here. If you had an issue, should have asked to speak to your region manager. They always make it right for me. I have tried every company. They care most.

I had read that they will give full credit, no questions asked. Can anyone comment on this?

I'm not talking refund, I mean credit towards more leads.

No questions asked? No, when you submit for credit you have to have a reason for the credit. You have to do your footwork, you have to put in some effort. They are VERY reasonable when it comes to credits. But there has to be a reason for the credit.

Once a credit is given, it just stays in your account till the next time or if your balance with them gets higher than your comfortable with, they will credit back to your CC. I've done this on occasion.

Right now I am on a health break from HTQ. I've been undergoing treatments for the last 3 months in order to keep my feet. HTQ has been very good about this as my account has been paused for a while. Hoping to reopen it in the next 30 days or so as the treatment is working.

You can do a lot worse than HTQ, but I haven't found better.

I had read that they will give full credit, no questions asked. Can anyone comment on this?

I'm not talking refund, I mean credit towards more leads.

You have to explain it. I take notes on every issue. Credit towards more leads, yes.

They are not bankrate. They are not the worst either. But far from great. I had a similar experience to the OP. Most sales people tell you what you want to hear on lead quality and returns. I don't think mist lie on purpose. They just don't know the reality and never were agents. A best reactive I have found is to ask to speak with your post sale service rep on the font end and ask them questions. Qw is about average believed it or not.

Honestly if the been there a month and signed up accounts, They must see the same issue's coming up

I don't know this one personally but early on had got beat by a few bank rate companies

I wouldn't but it for a second they didn't know what they were selling

I also get free leads from FMO through prospect zone and they same thing they know what they are selling

for me they are free and come in sparingly so it can be a good time filler I get a deal from once and a while

But I would be furious if I paid for them even if they were $3 a leads

I will not pay for shared leads at all

----------

From the reviews I understand hometown is different they just don't offer cost effective lead for medicare for me

My 2 cents- drop "internet leads" all together and go back to cold calling. I tried leads my whole first year and got mostly expensive Xdates. I've been cold calling for about 2 months now and have had more quotes, and closings than the the whole year of chasing recycled leads (I am calling businesses rather than households though).

My 2 cents- drop "internet leads" all together and go back to cold calling. I tried leads my whole first year and got mostly expensive Xdates. I've been cold calling for about 2 months now and have had more quotes, and closings than the the whole year of chasing recycled leads (I am calling businesses rather than households though).

I have been looking at "SalesGenie" lists. & I have a San # (I think) I have to check that out. I think the folks on the DNC are removed from your list so all you have are callable #'s. That would work for me.

We don't sell commercial leads, never have.
I used to do X-dating but I prefer internet leads as the intent is better than x-dating. Not sure why your leads didn't work but there are plenty of folks making money selling auto/home/life insurance using internet leads.

But hey, I used to have 6 PT x-daters working for me. We used a reverse directory & went up/down the neighborhoods that I wanted to target...worked very well back in the day before the internet & DNC lists.
Of course, you don't have to scrub numbers because you are calling on businesses.

Erin you nailed it internet lead companies are a total waste of time and money!!!! Cold calling is the way to go along with hiring your own telemarketing rep

Back