Received an Offer to Be a Financial Advisor. Should I Do It?

Robert_Brown

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Arkansas
I recently received an offer to take a financial advisor position. I told them I was currently licensed in Health & Life, and wanted to still sell Aflac. They said it shouldn't be an issue as long as it doesn't deal with securities.

I will have to get my series 7 and series 66 securities license, which they will pay for.

I will receive training pay for 4 months, 2 of which will be used to study for the exam.

salary + commissions + bonuses.​

Year 1: Salary - $40,000| 18% – 20% commission + bonuses

Year 2: Salary - $20,000| 22% – 25% commission + bonuses

Year 3: Salary - $0| 27% – 30% commission + bonuses

Year 4+: Salary - $0| 36% – 40% commission + Deferred Bonus

Bonuses

1. Bonuses for completing training and obtaining licenses

2. Milestone bonuses paid every four months to Financial
    Advisors whose performance is 75% or more of standard.

Financial Advisors whose performance is 100% or more of
    standard may receive an enhanced milestone bonus.

3. New asset bonuses paid monthly, based on the accumulation of new assets.

4. Deferred bonuses earned and paid every four months in years four, five and six based on new assets gathered in the first three years.

5. Profitability bonuses earned and paid, based on branch and firm profitability

Profit Sharing​
Approximately 24% of the firm’s post-bonus
profit is contributed to a firm profit-sharing plan. The
profit-sharing benefit is based upon up to and including
$245,000 of your earnings.

A bonus is paid at the same rate
as the profit-sharing rate for that year for any earnings in
excess of $245,000. You are 100% vested in your profit-sharing account from day one.

Opening an office​

After you establish an office and hire a Branch Office
Administrator, the firm pays the rent, utilities and
Branch Office Administrator’s salary.

In addition, the firm provides office furniture, four framed prints, a copier, two computer terminals, a laser printer and a video monitor.

The firm also covers 100% of your local telephone
service and certain other costs.

I'm just trying to do the smart thing. Everyone and their mother here as told me not to do Aflac. I am not abandoning Aflac, but I think it would be interesting to combine it with this.

Last edited:
yes it is Edward Jones

Why is it a superior opportunity? Not doubting you, just wanted to know what you are basing that on.

so forget Aflac totally huh.. :/

Last edited:
I have heard that ED Jones is a good place to start. May I ask why you think jones is a superior opportunity?

This is starting to sound like a conversation about your buddy saying he'll take you out to any place you choose and you're torn between Ruth's Chris and Chick-fil-A.

lol okay then.............

I understand that Ed jones is a superior option. But I was hoping that someone could tell me some things about it that I wouldn't find by looking at their website. The good, the bad, etc.

Last edited:
Seriously Robert, I can't think of any area (income potential, market position, professional growth, etc.) where I would say the Duck is even EQUAL with the Ed Jones opportunity.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is starting to sound like a conversation about your buddy saying he'll take you out to any place you choose and you're torn between Ruth's Chris and Chick-fil-A.

Them chicken biscuits are mighty popular here in the South (when you're tired of a pork chop sandwich for breakfast).

Last edited:
Back