Received an Offer to Be a Financial Advisor. Should I Do It?

I will go with jones then. Should I even consider doing Aflac on the side? Or any other insurance for that matter?

I figured I would do one or the other full time, didn't hurt to ask though.

would you guys say the failure rate of a financial advisor is the same as an insurance agent? I have heard there is A LOT more door knocking involved as an FA.

would you guys say the failure rate of a financial advisor is the same as an insurance agent?
No hard numbers, but would wager a LOT that Ed Jones success rate is higher than average. A little pickier about who they take. AFLAC has to take anything that can fog a mirror (and even some that can't) due to horrendous turnover.
I have heard there is A LOT more door knocking involved as an FA.
EJ is known for having excellent methods to help new folks market themselves successfully. Door knocking is part of it.

My brother in law is with EJ now from when a rep went zoos to door in his neighborhood.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"door" - on my phone.

Last edited:
Rick I'm starting to wonder if ANY of your post are worth reading.:twitchy:

Thanks to all who gave their input. I will go with Edward Jones..

With EJ, you will be FINRA licensed. That means that ALL outside business interests will have to be disclosed. This even includes volunteer organizations.

What I'm getting at is you won't be able to represent AFLAC unless EJ allows you to do so. They probably won't. Any insurance will have to be handled within their firm.

I do think that EJ is a better opportunity over AFLAC. You'll at least have a base income for the 1st 12 months. It's the 2nd year that you'll probably have a tough time.

Back