Received an Offer to Be a Financial Advisor. Should I Do It?

I worked at a securities firm for 26 years as a producer and in leadership before moving on from there. My advice is to assume you will will do well and compare the deals from 3 or 4 companies in the upper strata of production. If you are not committed to doing what it takes to do well, there is no real reason to go. If you are committed, then go for the best deal for the successful advisor. I have seen a lot of advisors start to climb the ladder of success just to wind up on the wrong ladder having climbed it. You can still change firms down the road, but it can be very costly to do so. Nothing wrong with Ed Jones, but there are others. You might want to look at the banks and Waddell and Ameriprise. With your background, I'm sure they will talk to you. Contact their home offices to find out who is hiring in your area. It's a great industry with lots of opportunity.

I worked at a securities firm for 26 years as a producer and in leadership before moving on from there. My advice is to assume you will will do well and compare the deals from 3 or 4 companies in the upper strata of production. If you are not committed to doing what it takes to do well, there is no real reason to go. If you are committed, then go for the best deal for the successful advisor. I have seen a lot of advisors start to climb the ladder of success just to wind up on the wrong ladder having climbed it. You can still change firms down the road, but it can be very costly to do so. Nothing wrong with Ed Jones, but there are others. You might want to look at the banks and Waddell and Ameriprise. With your background, I'm sure they will talk to you. Contact their home offices to find out who is hiring in your area. It's a great industry with lots of opportunity.

What background?:skeptical:

What background?:skeptical:
That's a really good question. I made some assumptions based on your licensing and the fact that you received an offer from a major firm. I don't think they would have offered if you didn't have a good background for them. My guess was that you have some experience selling and gathering business and that you have done some good in that. But you're right I made some assumptions. mea culpa!
:embarrassed:

Ruth's Chris is the best in Austin TX. Austin Land and Cattle aint bad, and Eddie V's, but ruth's Chris is number one, here. They ship the midwestern beef on the plane, and the restaurant employees drive to the austin airport to get it.

I think that Robert is trying to ask somebody who has door knocked to tell him how it is like and the best process. I woulnd mind to know myself. I have never done it and some tips would be helpful.

Back