Received an Offer to Be a Financial Advisor. Should I Do It?

is it worth being under all that compliance and door knocking?

Nope. Look for something else.

Hey, I was about to post this in the offers, but I'll give you first crack.

I need somebody to relocate to St. Louis (on your own dime) to go door-to-door doing prospecting for me. Only bring me the leads that are waiting with checks in their hands.
Pay is $2.75/hour (min. for waiting staffs) along with 1.5% FYC on ALL premiums collected!!!! Paid as-earned, obviously.

I already have somebody interested in the position (Rick), so let me know by the 5th.

Robert which edward jones office will you be working out of?

Not entirely sure yet. I'm still going through their "hiring" process. But I assume one of the offices in Fayetteville, AR.

I won't be "starting" for about another month. I'm surprised by how extensive this process is.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you want to sell securities or investments? Investments, go EJ. Insurance, go to a career agency, not AFLAC.

Honestly, I haven't been able to try my hand at either of them yet. But since EDJ would put me through a much better training program, 2 years of salary + commissions + bonuses, I will do investments.

The world is money, people are always going to be involved with it. If I can become a pro on what they need to do with that money, and make money by doing it, that sounds really interesting to me.

Last edited:
Ruth Chris is probably the most overrated steakhouse I've ever been to... you guys all know way more about insurance about me, but if you have any questions about steak? Ask this guy with cows that are raised on his farm.

Ruth Chris is probably the most overrated steakhouse I've ever been to... you guys all know way more about insurance about me, but if you have any questions about steak? Ask this guy with cows that are raised on his farm.

Hey...listen, I'm stuck here in MD ok? Our state food is the frick'n crab. We have no good steak or BBQ. One step down from Ruth's Chris in this state and you need a chainsaw to cut your steak.

Edward Jones has a good starting opportunity. They have their own wash out rate, but you should make $50k or so the first few years, then its up to you. Many of their agents go indy after a few years just like in the career channels in insurance. Their marketing is old school, though.

I'd probably be just as happy at Chic-fil-a as Ruth's Chis. Not a big fan, the one here doesn't even use USDA prime. Now Mortons, on the other hand....

Thanks. :)

So the first year they want you door knocking and building your BOB, after that you don't have to. I haven't door knocked before, but I guess there's a first for everything.

I just hope that I can actually generate business by door knocking. I mean how many people are even going to answer their door, listen, and be interested?....

I have very rarely ever had someone at my door that I didn't know. And if I don't, I don't answer..

Here's hoping I don't get shot or bit by the dog:D

Back