ROI on Postcard Mailing

jmatos

Guru
100+ Post Club
Arkansas
The ROI on doing a postcard mailing? Just curious....I had 100 post cards printed for free (pretty nice) as a promo from vistaprint. I thought about doing some of this on a consistent basis if it is something others are seeing a good ROI.

Re: Has Anyone Ever Figured....

Well, it might be zero if you only do it once,

CONSISTANCY!

You must continue mailing the same people monthly for 6-8-12 months.

Well, it might be zero if you only do it once,

CONSISTANCY!

You must continue mailing the same people monthly for 6-8-12 months.

Yes I AGREE! I was thinking of sending out the post cards then following up with a personal visit. I also thought about sending post cards to those I have been following up with over the last 3 months.

100 mailers is a waste of time. YOu need to at least do 1,000 .

The ROI on doing a postcard mailing? Just curious....I had 100 post cards printed for free (pretty nice) as a promo from vistaprint. I thought about doing some of this on a consistent basis if it is something others are seeing a good ROI.

Anyone who is interested in doing post cards should see the ones that Newby is using.

Wrong, 1% response rate means roughly a 50% probability of receiving 1 response out of 100 mailed. I love me some binomial distribution problems. :yes:

Nope, you are wrong. 1% response means 1 response per 100 mailed. I also took a couple of stat classes at NC State many years ago. We're not talking about the probability of a 1% response, we're talking about absolutes.

The 50% probability you mention above, for a sample size of 100 would be a different value if 100,000 were mailed.

I believe you are saying there's a 50% chance that out of a 100 pc. mailing that 50% of the time one is mailed back and 50% of the time zero is mailed back. If that is what you are saying then you've already used up the whole universe pie, meaning there's a zero chance of 2 or more being mailed back.

Remember, 1% means one out of one hundred. Nice try though.

Last edited:
Back