Settling Appointments To "Drop Off Information Requested"

Recently been ordering some E-34's and getting decent response rate. I door knock my leads with the exception of the ones I can't catch or are simply inconvenient to me.

If I am forced to contact the name on the card,often they want to be in control,set a time based on their schedule,not mine.

Most often this is a waste of time when there is no sense of urgency,the card goes in the trash or I'll sand bag it,door knock it next time I'm in the area.

What do you guys do ?

You can go here for some free scripts:
Final Expense Lead Appointment Setting Scripts | Final Expense Avatar Leads

Also, take a listen to this:

It can get a little more detailed than this obviously but this is what kicks it off to get you in the door.

Keep a look out soon as well as I will be posting an HOUR LONG DETAILED INTERVIEW of a very successful appointment setter, how she does it, how many calls, how she sets up her schedule, hot key words to use and appointment setting mindset.

----------

Bowman,let me ask you something.

I like your script so much I copied it,dialed up a lead,no answer. Received a reply text "I'm at the movies".

Now what ?

Do you text back ?

I did not.

10 minutes later another text from the prospect "Who is this".

Now what Bennie ?

Help me out dude.

Thanks.

You are actually using your own phone number when calling LOL, brother get a google voice number and let those dumbass callbacks go to outer space.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are actually using your own phone number when calling LOL, brother get a google voice number and let those dumbass callbacks go to outer space.

I've been in business for a long time - not the insurance business, but a B2C sales business nonetheless. I have to say that of all the strange things you Final Expense folks say and do, the strangest to me is that you don't want customers to know your phone number!

The second strangest is how quickly many will throw away a lead card.

The third is the absolute refusal to follow-up on a prospect who didn't close the first time around.

Now, I'm sure you all know what's best for you. And I am green as green can be in the final expense business to be sure. I'm just saying that as someone new to the insurance business, and looking at you folks through the lens of different, and most likely typical B2C type business, you folks have the strangest relationship to your customers that I ever did see!

I've been in business for a long time - not the insurance business, but a B2C sales business nonetheless. I have to say that of all the strange things you Final Expense folks say and do, the strangest to me is that you don't want customers to know your phone number!

The third is the absolute refusal to follow-up on a prospect who didn't close the first time around.

Now, I'm sure you all know what's best for you. And I am green as green can be in the final expense business to be sure. I'm just saying that as someone new to the insurance business, and looking at you folks through the lens of different, and most likely typical B2C type business, you folks have the strangest relationship to your customers that I ever did see!

The FE market is different than any other. People that treat it like any other will not make it in FE.

As for calling from a masked number, I have always called from my number and my name and number is what shows up on their id.

This is a one call close business. They are blowing you off if you don't get it the first time.

If I call them and they refuse to meet with me on my time,my schedule,the card goes in the trash,end of story,next.

Try it your way,you will be like a cat chasing it's own tail.

Let me first address this...if I havent even sat with them or had a conversation with them they are hardly "customers"....at best they are a prospect with the qualification of answering the phone and agreeing to meet with me or sending in a direct mail lead....two entirely different categories of the sales funnel. Ill cheerfully answer my calls from "customers" who I have protected, they get my business cards...all others get a lead card left on the table.

Yea I think if we write upwards of $150k - $200k per year we know what works best for our business in FE. The smart thing to do in FE is when you use the google voice number to call out on and if someone calls it back you can create a generic voice mail they will hear...this enables you to listen to the vm on your time. At least 5 times a month I hear....I called the number and cancelled the appt.....I say...thats funny who did you talk to, they say they just left a message, I say that doesnt count and that its a good thing I came on out and caught them at home so we can go ahead and get them covered, works about 75% of the time...if they had my number or my appt setters direct number it gives them wiggle room, I dont give wiggle room:D

And I agree that if they turn you down on the phone throw that lead card in the trash....they aint buyers, those are looky lous.

Assembly line mentality. The roller track doesn't stop and those that need more attention will roll through again sometime.

I've been in business for a long time - not the insurance business, but a B2C sales business nonetheless. I have to say that of all the strange things you Final Expense folks say and do, the strangest to me is that you don't want customers to know your phone number! The second strangest is how quickly many will throw away a lead card. The third is the absolute refusal to follow-up on a prospect who didn't close the first time around. Now, I'm sure you all know what's best for you. And I am green as green can be in the final expense business to be sure. I'm just saying that as someone new to the insurance business, and looking at you folks through the lens of different, and most likely typical B2C type business, you folks have the strangest relationship to your customers that I ever did see!
It's because we're lead junkies. Agents in mortgage protection do the same thing. Why waste time following up when 20 interested prospects will ding in your email next week??

Latest posts

Back