So what's the deal with the new Transamerica product?

Chronic Pain – Defined as: Pain lasting more than 6 months or requiring 6 or more fills of narcotic pain prescription in any 12 month period.

Currently unemployed/disabled – Graded

Diagnosed with/treated for within 1 year – Graded Employed, no disability or treatment < 1 year – Preferred
Does being retired count as "unemployed?"

Not clear, my reading of the information they published makes it sound like if you’re chronically taking narcotic pain medication it’s going to be a problem.

I am not cautiously optimistic. The MVR, pain meds and unemployment is going to be an issue.

Maybe they will have a “Retired” option that will work?

I just called them . Won't be on the web site till the 6th 1 day before the change happens. Rep told me they were being hit hard with claims . There doing an mvr with everyone. So obviously thats going to knock some people out as they find multiple tickets and dui's. Analyzing everything i'll only use for some direct express ,heavy heart, neuropathy and copd. The problem with Neuropathy is many of those people are also on heavy pain meds. Also narcan prescribed is over with as there also in heavy pain meds. If you use the paper app your going to have a lot of apps come back graded i believe. There days of a go to carrier are over with.

Back