Stonebridge - A New Player In The Med Sup Game

Did he send you a Dalton, GA phonebook too?

Yes but I think he he cherry picked the good leads. Some of the pages are missing...

He sent me a 1998 phone book. Told me most of the folks are still in there, except for the ones that died or moved.

That was why he was able to offer it to me at a good price.

Bcbs is big on selling select plans. Maybe he is referring to that
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Maybe. Does that mean you shouldnt offer med supps?
Frank said about 29% are on MAPD plans and I bet about the same are on med supps. Medicaid, employer plans and Medicare only probably make up the rest.

When I first started selling Med Supps I encountered a lot of people who were on the former employers group health plan. Over the years I am finding fewer and fewer companies are offering that continuation of coverage to retired employees. For those who still have it the premiums are usually excessive and I can usually save them a fair amount of money and provide them with superior coverage.

In all of the years I've been selling Med Supps I have only run across a handful of people who only have just Medicare Part A and Part B.

When I first started selling Med Supps I encountered a lot of people who were on the former employers group health plan. Over the years I am finding fewer and fewer companies are offering that continuation of coverage to retired employees. For those who still have it the premiums are usually excessive and I can usually save them a fair amount of money and provide them with superior coverage.

In all of the years I've been selling Med Supps I have only run across a handful of people who only have just Medicare Part A and Part B.

While I agree, I doubt the percentage of folks on med supps are much more than MAPD plans in FL.

soooo I guess everyone jumped the gun on stonebridge?

No not really.

When a company announces no one really knows what their time frame is. It could be tomorrow or two months from now. We all hope that it will be soon.

They have commissions, apps and rates, just not ready for publication yet. They are working on contracts but they aren't ready yet either. They are anxious to get the product in the hands of agents and I have every confidence that it will happen as soon as everything is ready. It would be an effort in futility for a company to release everything before it had been checked and rechecked. That would not make me or other agents very happy.

However, all of the above could literally happen tomorrow. We really don't know at this point.

I'm reluctant to enroll a person into a new company in the state. They might come in with lower prices and then start raising them to make up for the first year and the real cost of doing business with their management skills. In Florida, we've seen our share of hotshots. Conseco burned the LTC market really good. I may make less on AARP but they have a good track record and that will keep them on it.

Hey Frank,

Did Woodman ever come out in California? I contracted with you a year ago but still have not heard yet.
Will Stonebridge be quicker??
:twitchy:

No not really.

When a company announces no one really knows what their time frame is. It could be tomorrow or two months from now. We all hope that it will be soon.

They have commissions, apps and rates, just not ready for publication yet. They are working on contracts but they aren't ready yet either. They are anxious to get the product in the hands of agents and I have every confidence that it will happen as soon as everything is ready. It would be an effort in futility for a company to release everything before it had been checked and rechecked. That would not make me or other agents very happy.

However, all of the above could literally happen tomorrow. We really don't know at this point.

Last edited:
Hey Frank,

Did Woodman ever come out in California? I contracted with you a year ago but still have not heard yet.
Will Stonebridge be quicker??
:twitchy:

We are still waiting for DOI approval on Woodmen. Stonebridge filed rates in all of the states listed a long time ago. Some DOI's have approved the filings, we are still waiting on some of the other states.

Back