Telemarketed Leads Result

I disagree and have even verified these numbers with carriers. You will get your occasional re -write which always helps. You do all final expense? What are your numbers on just final expense when it comes to your average agent. I'm also refering to non summited business for non placement. For example canclpellations before you ever submit the app.

----------

Btw when you and John talk about written premium do you include other than fe premium in your totals ? For example: you guys always throw in your medicare supp, advantage sales in prem, right ? It's not all final expense business even if you work 25 final expense leads.

If I write a Lafayette Heritage from an FE lead I would include it. Happens occasionally. JD writes the occasional Trinity WL or RNA Essential Life from an FE lead and he would include that. No one includes Medicare, Funeral Preneed or annuities, etc with FE numbers.

Yesterday for instance I only had two appointments set and did a couple drive bys. Had a horrible day of catching 1-leggers. I wrote $750 with Settlers which is all I would count as FE sales from the leads so far. I have a pretty sure thing for writing two Med Advantages next week from them but I wouldn't count that because 1. haven't done the apps yet and 2. It's not FE.

It's still real money though. Adds to the main number I track which is the deposits in my checkbook.

JD only does life insurance. He rarely sells a Med Sup. No Med Advantage. But he only counts FE and WL in his FE numbers.

I disagree and have even verified these numbers with carriers. You will get your occasional re -write which always helps. You do all final expense? What are your numbers on just final expense when it comes to your average agent. I'm also refering to non summited business for non placement. For example canclpellations before you ever submit the app.

I have never had any more problems with FE business than any other market. In the last two years I have had one non placement in all lines and that was a cancer plan where the first month's premium did not clear the bank. Admittedly, I do not chase leads but I have had agetns over the years that did and none of them ever experienced the problem with placement that you are. If you are loosing 28% of your apps before they ever pay the first premium and then you only have 80% persistency on the 72% that you place, that means at the end of the first year, you only 58% of the apps (premium) you write is still on the books.

I am no longer working on a regular basis but my First Year persistency has always been over 90%(even on FE business) and over 85% 2 year persistency. When I was a member of the association, I wlays qualified for the NSAA and NQA.

If I write a Lafayette Heritage from an FE lead I would include it. Happens occasionally. JD writes the occasional Trinity WL or RNA Essential Life from an FE lead and he would include that. No one includes Medicare, Funeral Preneed or annuities, etc with FE numbers.

Yesterday for instance I only had two appointments set and did a couple drive bys. Had a horrible day of catching 1-leggers. I wrote $750 with Settlers which is all I would count as FE sales from the leads so far. I have a pretty sure thing for writing two Med Advantages next week from them but I wouldn't count that because 1. haven't done the apps yet and 2. It's not FE.

It's still real money though. Adds to the main number I track which is the deposits in my checkbook.

JD only does life insurance. He rarely sells a Med Sup. No Med Advantage. But he only counts FE and WL in his FE numbers.

What about Travis and his ride along? What are the rules for business he can write to qualify for his 2k day min.

I talked to him. Gonna set him up with some leads and appointments to work on his close. We will see if I can get him there! *and no he didn't move his contracts to me for this help* I think he is just misplacing some words here and there and needs guidance.
he needs to drop his upline and go with bboman

I have never had any more problems with FE business than any other market. In the last two years I have had one non placement in all lines and that was a cancer plan where the first month's premium did not clear the bank. Admittedly, I do not chase leads but I have had agetns over the years that did and none of them ever experienced the problem with placement that you are. If you are loosing 28% of your apps before they ever pay the first premium and then you only have 80% persistency on the 72% that you place, that means at the end of the first year, you only 58% of the apps (premium) you write is still on the books.

I am no longer working on a regular basis but my First Year persistency has always been over 90%(even on FE business) and over 85% 2 year persistency. When I was a member of the association, I wlays qualified for the NSAA and NQA.
Do you write over 8k a month? Those numbers i was describing are typically for people that wrote 8k or more month in and month out.

Last edited:
Do you write over 8k a month? Those numbers i was describing are typically for people that wrote 8k or more month in and month out.

Not any more .. but I have not noticed any change in placement/persistency based on the volume of business written by an agent. An agent that writes good business will do so no matter his volume of production.

Not any more .. but I have not noticed any change in placement/persistency based on the volume of business written by an agent. An agent that writes good business will do so no matter his volume of production.

If you walk away from business and work 50 leads a week maybe you could have great retention. Not saying it's out of the realm of possibilities

Last edited:
On the forum we always get into some wanting to universalize
their experience as the norm. Or how it was done and what the results
were when they did it back then. The issue is now and the biz in 2015
is not the biz of 2007 when I started or 2013 or whatever past years
you want to talk about. Mail returns have dropped sharply. IMO have
sprung up like weeds recruiting agents by the bucketload telling them how
easy it is to make six figure incomes selling fe. In 2009 I wrote over
200k door knocking! No way in hell I could do that today! The one thing
that has not changed in 8 years though is the people I call on. They
are poor, sick, and old. They are not very good with managing their money.
They struggle to pay their bills. Many of them are not very intelligent.
They forget or they lie about their health. They get buyers remorse.
That is why out of 10 apps I will keep 8 placed and out of 100 placed
I will have around 84 after 1 year and after 2 years will have around
90% due to death and lapses. Now if anyone on the forum is running
at least 1000 a dm leads a year now and doing any better than that
my hat is off to you. But if you are not doing that or more,
if you do this part time or as an add on or if you recruit more
than you sell you don't know what you are talking about.

Godspeed to anyone thinking they will make several 1000s on a batch of tm leads from appt setting after chargebacks, ntos, non placements.

I used 85% TM leads the first quarter of the year. $8000 in leads/appt setter costs. $45K in AP. 2 chargebacks and 1 NTO.

Godspeed!

I used 85% TM leads the first quarter of the year. $8000 in leads/appt setter costs. $45K in AP. 2 chargebacks and 1 NTO.

Godspeed!

You also work in God country and where there is no overworked areas. You should count your blessings. You are playing in Coors field when everyone else is playing in Petco.

Back