Telemarketed Leads Result

Lmfao. If that's what makes you sleep at night. Maybe if you are selling car insurance. Lmao.

Nope.. Tried the P&C route back in then 70s.. Didn't like it. Strictly a life and supplemental health producer. Licensed since 1975.. 70 yrs old.. retired other than being a full time minister, occasional insurance producer and antique business dabbler.. Oh, and work for a couple of auction houses.. Other than that I am retired. Not sure what any of this has to do with making me sleep at night, but have been an agent, captive manager, state manager, RVP and agency owner so I have some idea of how the business should work even if I don't. :)

----------

You also work in God country and where there is no overworked areas. You should count your blessings. You are playing in Coors field when everyone else is playing in Pedco.

Seems you always have an excuse why someone else is doing it and you are not.

I was trained by the top producer in the country - you have no idea what you are talking about. Id bet 100$ that someone who buys 25 tm leads will not pocket 4000$. Please prove me wrong and send me proof of the advances and chargeback history. .. Why don't you video tape the process and show everyone on here how I don't know what I don't know. You buy the leads. Call the leads and video tape your sits.

I don't use TM leads very often but the last time I did was last Oct. I got 19 or 20 TM leads from John Galt. I wrote almost $7000 ap on those leads.

I don't get advances so there's no record of that. None of them have charged back so there's no record of that either.

Nor were you trained by the top producer in the country. I know who he is and he doesn't know you.

FEX has many agents doing over $4000 per week on less than 25 TM leads per week.

You act like that's a unicorn when it's a regular happening.

Again, you simply don't know what you don't know.

You also work in God country and where there is no overworked areas. You should count your blessings. You are playing in Coors field when everyone else is playing in Pedco.

Well I beg to differ on the overworked areas part. I use TM leads because I average .8 for DM drops.

On the forum we always get into some wanting to universalize
their experience as the norm. Or how it was done and what the results
were when they did it back then. The issue is now and the biz in 2015
is not the biz of 2007 when I started or 2013 or whatever past years
you want to talk about. Mail returns have dropped sharply. IMO have
sprung up like weeds recruiting agents by the bucketload telling them how
easy it is to make six figure incomes selling fe. In 2009 I wrote over
200k door knocking! No way in hell I could do that today! The one thing
that has not changed in 8 years though is the people I call on.
They
are poor, sick, and old. They are not very good with managing their money.
They struggle to pay their bills. Many of them are not very intelligent.
They forget or they lie about their health. They get buyers remorse.
That is why out of 10 apps I will keep 8 placed and out of 100 placed
I will have around 84 after 1 year and after 2 years will have around
90% due to death and lapses. Now if anyone on the forum is running
at least 1000 a dm leads a year now and doing any better than that
my hat is off to you. But if you are not doing that or more,
if you do this part time or as an add on or if you recruit more
than you sell you don't know what you are talking about.

I think even the people have changed. There are more expecting something for nothing or for the "gubmint" to take care of them.. That reduces the closing ratio as you have to make more calls to weed those folks out but I haven't found it has any drastic effect on the persistency of the ones that do buy. JMO

Well I beg to differ on the overworked areas part. I use TM leads because I average .8 for DM drops.

Pedco vs coors field. You get traded to Pedco you lose a chunk of your business..

----------

I think even the people have changed. There are more expecting something for nothing or for the "gubmint" to take care of them.. That reduces the closing ratio as you have to make more calls to weed those folks out but I haven't found it has any drastic effect on the persistency of the ones that do buy. JMO

How much are you actually writing? Not to sound like a jerk but I think you are a bad influence on people who are getting into final expense. You ain't with the times, my friend.

----------

On the forum we always get into some wanting to universalize
their experience as the norm. Or how it was done and what the results
were when they did it back then. The issue is now and the biz in 2015
is not the biz of 2007 when I started or 2013 or whatever past years
you want to talk about. Mail returns have dropped sharply. IMO have
sprung up like weeds recruiting agents by the bucketload telling them how
easy it is to make six figure incomes selling fe. In 2009 I wrote over
200k door knocking! No way in hell I could do that today! The one thing
that has not changed in 8 years though is the people I call on. They
are poor, sick, and old. They are not very good with managing their money.
They struggle to pay their bills. Many of them are not very intelligent.
They forget or they lie about their health. They get buyers remorse.
That is why out of 10 apps I will keep 8 placed and out of 100 placed
I will have around 84 after 1 year and after 2 years will have around
90% due to death and lapses. Now if anyone on the forum is running
at least 1000 a dm leads a year now and doing any better than that
my hat is off to you. But if you are not doing that or more,
if you do this part time or as an add on or if you recruit more
than you sell you don't know what you are talking about.
Amazing post and so correct!

Note to BCrane. You do realize that to do well in sales, people must like you. You do not come off as very likeable on this forum. Maybe people just don't like you and that is part of your problem. FE prospects place a lot of value on the agent. They will even sometimes pay more to get rid of an agent they don't like. Think about it.:idea:

Pedco vs coors field. You get traded to Pedco you lose a chunk of your business..

----------

How much are you actually writing? Not to sound like a jerk but I think you are a bad influence on people who are getting into final expense. You ain't with the times, my friend.

About what a good full time agent should be writing in 3 months. Believe me young fella, there ain't nothing new under the sun. While I am no longer doing it, I personally know FE agents doing $200k+ per year and they have no where near the problems you describe.. Of course, they work TN,, GA and AL so I guess they have some advantage you don't have.

What about Travis and his ride along? What are the rules for business he can write to qualify for his 2k day min.

I'm not sure I understand your question. He writes FE off of this week's leads and the appointments he sets the day before. Some agents come a day early and watch him set the appointments too.

I'm not sure I understand your question. He writes FE off of this week's leads and the appointments he sets the day before. Some agents come a day early and watch him set the appointments too.

Oh okay. So his production is strictly final expense? Like no med supp, etc

----------

Note to BCrane. You do realize that to do well in sales, people must like you. You do not come off as very likeable on this forum. Maybe people just don't like you and that is part of your problem. FE prospects place a lot of value on the agent. They will even sometimes pay more to get rid of an agent they don't like. Think about it.:idea:

No no and no. To do well in final expense you need to be focused, organized, persistent and assertive.. Being friends will only lose business.

Last edited:
Back